Get Off Diaco's Back | The Boneyard

Get Off Diaco's Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
To those unhappy with Coach D and his play calling or style of play right now, give it a rest. I'm a season ticket holder too and like many not very happy these last few years. However, I was a ton more pumped when I first heard Coach talk and show his passion for the sport, the university and the kids in the program, (currently in the program and the future ones he is trying to recruit). All of that translates into winning, it will come. Relax for a second, the dude isn't Moses, he can't part the Red Sea. Does anyone remember what he had inherited? Yes, some pieces were there, but not enough to complete the puzzle. He's transforming the program little by little already. We may not agree with his pre or post game rah rahs but seriously cut him some slack I've seen some changes already and it starts with his current roster. These aren't the most talented kids but they're already giving Coach D more effort in two games than PP got in 30 plus. That tells me winning is coming so get on board, support the program and quit whining for now. UCONN needs all our support now more than ever. If the true fans want to see the program win, show up bring some friends and cheer like crazy. We need tradition and Diaco knows that, he knows it starts and stops with the fans so let's back him and these kids. They need us, we need them. We will be in a P5 when the music stops, I'm convinced. I'm going to do my part, now how about you?! Fan up everyone, Bleed Blue, Go UCONN!!!!!

Reaction Score
I really don't get these posts.

Who called for his job? Who said he's lost their support? Who said they aren't going to games anymore? (Beside HFD).

We are all still on board. But we've endured a lot. If we want to poke fun at his preparation game comments, while we stick with the program through the worst of the worst, we've earned that right.

For example. I think Diaco might win coach of the year sometime soon. I think he'll have us bowling. I predicted 8-5. I still think we can go bowling.

And once he figures out that the season stats in August on week one, we might be the first non p5 team to crack the playoffs.

What's really funny is edsall brought us to a BCS game and like 5 straight bowl games and half this board wanted him fired because they thought it would be easy replacing him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Who called for his job? Who said he's lost their support? Who said they aren't going to games anymore? (Beside HFD).

We are all still on board. But we've endured a lot. If we want to poke fun at his preparation game comments, while we stick with the program through the worst of the worst, we've earned that right.

For example. I think Diaco might win coach of the year sometime soon. I think he'll have us bowling. I predicted 8-5. I still think we can go bowling.

And once he figures out that the season stats in August on week one, we might be the first non p5 team to crack the playoffs.

What's really funny is edsall brought us to a BCS game and like 5 straight bowl games and half this board wanted him fired because they thought it would be easy replacing him.

No one called for his job but I would have to agree, there have been far too many negative comments about Diaco after only two games. I am sure that Charlie Strong has more talent to work with than Diaco but look what BYU did to Texas! The season needs to play out. Seems like some are throwing in the towel way too soon!

Stonybrook had a number of transfers from D-1 FBS programs on their roster. They were better than given credit for:

http://www.goseawolves.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/053113aaa.html

Reaction Score
No one called for his job but I would have to agree, there have been far too many negative comments about Diaco after only two games. I am sure that Charlie Strong has more talent to work with than Diaco but look what BYU did to Texas! The season needs to play out. Seems like some are throwing in the towel way too soon!

Stonybrook had a number of transfers from D-1 FBS programs on their roster. They were better than given credit for:

Another good article on how good some of the FCS programs have become:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2013/9/18/4707744/fcs-fbs-football-recruiting

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
While no one is calling for his job yet, the surge wave is building, posts are being put together for reference...

We'll get it half way through this or next season. "I've been saying since game whatever, he's not for us... see?!?!?"

People expect wins to sprout out like Jiffy-Pop, and everything to be perfect. And it's not.

Reaction Score
To those unhappy with Coach D and his play calling or style of play right now, give it a rest. I'm a season ticket holder too and like many not very happy these last few years. However, I was a ton more pumped when I first heard Coach talk and show his passion for the sport, the university and the kids in the program, (currently in the program and the future ones he is trying to recruit). All of that translates into winning, it will come. Relax for a second, the dude isn't Moses, he can't part the Red Sea. Does anyone remember what he had inherited? Yes, some pieces were there, but not enough to complete the puzzle. He's transforming the program little by little already. We may not agree with his pre or post game rah rahs but seriously cut him some slack I've seen some changes already and it starts with his current roster. These aren't the most talented kids but they're already giving Coach D more effort in two games than PP got in 30 plus. That tells me winning is coming so get on board, support the program and quit whining for now. UCONN needs all our support now more than ever. If the true fans want to see the program win, show up bring some friends and cheer like crazy. We need tradition and Diaco knows that, he knows it starts and stops with the fans so let's back him and these kids. They need us, we need them. We will be in a P5 when the music stops, I'm convinced. I'm going to do my part, now how about you?! Fan up everyone, Bleed Blue, Go UCONN!!!!!
Wahhhh. Wahhhhh. Leave him alonnnnee. Boooohoooooooooooo. WhyyyyyyyyyOhhhhhwhyyyyyyyy? Wahhhhhhhhh

Reaction Score

In all honesty, it should have been easy to replace Edsall because of the success we had. Unfortunately, we had an incompetent AD and a board of directors who literally had no clue on how to handle the situation and muffed it and set us back years. Apparently the only person who knew what was about to happen at the time was Burton.

Reaction Score

It comes with the territory. If you can't stand the heat....

That said, I'm sure everyone on the Boneyard wants him to be super successful.

And stop running down the players. Get off their backs.

Reaction Score

Carl I appreciate the effort but SB lost to Bryant, who carries less than 50 scholarship players, at home.

Reaction Score

I really haven't heard anything irrational or what some would consider whining. This is what fanbases of big time schools do. If you don't have the stomach for it there's an easy solution.

Reaction Score
Let's not worry about Diaco. He was at Notre Dame; therefore, he is used to some of the most entitled fans in all fandom. A little whining and crying about decisions are amplified at the Touchdown Jesus place.

But, I am more focused on some of you fellow Boneyarders. We understand. But ... pointing fingers at each other and really getting on one kid or another is stupid and immature.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Dear HCBD's Mom: ** off. People who have been arguing passionately about this program for a dozen years do not need someone who has been posting for ten minutes to tell us how to behave on this board. And I say that without even caring how much you say I do or don't agree with.

It's always a nice bonus when it's someone safely posting from a thousand miles away.

Reaction Score
I want to get one thing straight, when I say give Diaco a mulligan for his BYU post game remarks, I'm not saying the guy shouldn't be criticized for questionable coaching decisions. He gets paid very well, no need for kid gloves. HE is imploring the fans to come for the benefit of the program. I can get behind that message and love that he is out front and center trying to sell the program to the casual CT fan on the fence. Now he has to give them a reason to come based on on the field play. That may take some time.

Reaction Score
Carl I appreciate the effort but SB lost to Bryant, who carries less than 50 scholarship players, at home.

Jimmy, Nova almost knocked off Cuse two weeks ago. Admit losing to Bryant kind of makes you go hmm but theymust have a pretty good team this year. These FCS teams are bringing in FBS transfers and give lower BCS programs a tougher time than in the past. Check out this Bleacher report. The academic requirements for some of the FCS programs also aid them in picking up these FBS transfers. The Power 5 wants to stay as far away as they can from the FCS, let alone the Group of 5. A loss is disastrous for their inflated egos!

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2013/9/18/4707744/fcs-fbs-football-recruiting

Reaction Score
Boise State may be the key to the rest of the season. A win against a nationally recognized program will give a jumpstart to the team and set us up for a chance at a strong league showing. 4-2 or even 5-1 going into East Carolina might be doable. Or, are the rose-colored glasses showing a bit much? I wanna believe. And I believe in coach BD.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Boise State may be the key to the rest of the season. A win against a nationally recognized program will give a jumpstart to the team and set us up for a chance at a strong league showing. 4-2 or even 5-1 going into East Carolina might be doable. Or, are the rose-colored glasses showing a bit much? I wanna believe. And I believe in coach BD.

This game is huge. It is currently in the "L" column on the path to a bowl. If we get it we can afford a WTF loss along the way and still make a bowl.

But more importantly, it will energize the team and fans. They really need this heading down to USF - not even a win, just a really competitive showing.

Reaction Score
This game is huge. It is currently in the "L" column on the path to a bowl. If we get it we can afford a WTF loss along the way and still make a bowl.

But more importantly, it will energize the team and fans. They really need this heading down to USF - not even a win, just a really competitive showing.

I was thinking the same thing that a win isn't the only good thing to help this team show what they're capable of. UConn has struggled in the past against ranked teams, but even if it turns out to be a low scoring affair (something like 21-17) and we play close the whole game, I think that will do wonders for the morale of this team. THat being said, to steal a great quote, I hope we punch them in the ' mouth!

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Dear HCBD's Mom: ** off. People who have been arguing passionately about this program for a dozen years do not need someone who has been posting for ten minutes to tell us how to behave on this board. And I say that without even caring how much you say I do or don't agree with.

Bizz embracing the Dark side, I love it.

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
Pfft... blah blah blah, get a life,
Diaco is a Big Boy and I'm sure as a professional he can handle a LITTLE criticism & whining from the fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom