Get Nick Williams the rock | The Boneyard

Get Nick Williams the rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't understand why the offense isn't trying to get Nick Williams 8-10 touches per game. In the last 2 games he's been thrown at 3 times yielding a game changing 63 yard quick slant and than a 52 yard touchdown. Against WMU, he snagged a brave toss by J-Mac on 4th down with 2 minutes to go. He's really only been involved in the offense on these plays--I've seen some of you say he's played in every game, but you clearly don't know what to watch for (he was never getting looks/running clearing routes). I don't care if he's small, the kid is dynamite and has the track record to proove it. Not only would he add a big spark, but he'd relieve pressure on Mac by allowing for quick short passes (they work against any defense...just ask Western Michigan). With losses on the line the running game may begin to struggle more and we can't be running McCombs as much as we do. Quick slants to Williams and Kashif, while using G. Davis and Issiah for the deep balls.

Aside from that, special teams is a mess. If it ain't broken, don't fix it! Why the hell would they change things up after the success this unit had last year. Granted they lost guys like Anthony Sherman, who was great, but get some guys in there who can block, double the gunners on punts, so Williams doesn't have guys in his face on every single punt, and ease the pressure up a bit. After watching these guys, I've forgotten what a strong wedge looks like. For God's sake, Oklahoma wouldn't even kick to this kid to start the Fiesta Bowl. I'm not sure what Clayton White is thinking, but wake up...this isn't the Sun Belt. He can't even seem to figure out the little things like where to have Williams line up. If this issue isn't addressed by Saturday, West Virgina's athleticism is going to expose this units problems even more than it already has been. Review tape from last year and patch this up.

Oh and by the way...the fans suck this year. I watched some middle aged drunk guy berate JMac during the 3rd quarter when he was having by far his best game. You've got to be kidding.

Read earlier that some guy was posting to the fire HCPP related post from his iPhone. SWEET bro.

Reaction Score
Just move Williams to running back and use him like Danny Woodhead. He is stronger than McCombs.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Guy called for a fair catch when no one was withing 7 yards of him.

Reaction Score
Just move Williams to running back and use him like Danny Woodhead. He is stronger than McCombs.

I was thinking along similar lines wondering if Nick could play TB. Does anyone know if he played there in HS?

Reaction Score
Nick was a great HS player and is as versatile as anyone on the team. That doesn't mean he's ideal at RB. ( Ryan Griffin was a great HS QB). What he is excellent at is the Wes Welker role and it's on the coaches that plays are not being run often enough to take advantage of his skills.

Reaction Score
williams on an end-around, or as the HB in the wildcat would be great...imo.

he just needs space to make something great happen.

btw...i agree that something is waaaaaaaaaaay wrong with the return game when we have the nations leading returner looking less than pedestrian out there.

Reaction Score
Williams was an all state defensive back and reciever, he used to take kicks and punts to the house all the time as well. Judging from his hs tape (from rivals)...which is ridiculous...they used to swing him into the back field often.

Reaction Score
An end around would be a way to get him the ball, I've only asked for that for three years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom