Geremy Davis to play in NFLPA Collegiate Bowl (1/17/15) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geremy Davis to play in NFLPA Collegiate Bowl (1/17/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One knock on Davis is his lack of speed.The NFL is all about speed.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I hope You are right,but I think his stock has taken a hit with the dismal offense that Uconn showed this year.It feels like he vanished into thin air.
Nah, imagine him in a killer NFL offense, they see his value he got the IT factor

Reaction Score
His best routes was a down and in. Since Diaco doesn't like to throw the ball to the middle of the field, it affected his number of catches.

Reaction Score
I think he gets picked up regardless of how he performs. He may not be the biggest or the fastest but the ball will be caught if it's near him. They said the same thing about Mohammed Sanu when he came out of Rutgers and he's having a pretty productive career so far. I believe Davis is better than Sanu so he's going to have a pretty good career.

Reaction Score
I think he gets picked up regardless of how he performs. He may not be the biggest or the fastest but the ball will be caught if it's near him. They said the same thing about Mohammed Sanu when he came out of Rutgers and he's having a pretty productive career so far. I believe Davis is better than Sanu so he's going to have a pretty good career.

Sanu also ran pretty impressive 40 times at his pro day. Davis needs to show that he has the speed to separate. I think that's the difference between some team drafting him as a potential future starter and just a late round red zone target.

Reaction Score
Sanu also ran pretty impressive 40 times at his pro day. Davis needs to show that he has the speed to separate. I think that's the difference between some team drafting him as a potential future starter and just a late round red zone target.

Touche. I was hoping he'd have a good year this to solidify him as a late second round draft pick. He needs a monster combine to probably even sniff anything higher than the fourth round. Some team is going to get a huge steal. Either way, I hope to be buying his Jersey, unless he's a Giant, Jet, Cowboy, Dolphin, Bill, Bronco, Bear....actually I just hope he gets drafted by the Patriots.

Reaction Score
Touche. I was hoping he'd have a good year this to solidify him as a late second round draft pick. He needs a monster combine to probably even sniff anything higher than the fourth round. Some team is going to get a huge steal. Either way, I hope to be buying his Jersey, unless he's a Giant, Jet, Cowboy, Dolphin, Bill, Bronco, Bear....actually I just hope he gets drafted by the Patriots.
I was hoping for a good year too but even with that, I think it all still would have come down to his combine and pro day numbers. There are just way too many big receivers with marginal speed who can't separate and never do much in the NFL for a team to take a high shot because of college production. Hopefully he surprises us and throws down a great combine performance.

Reaction Score
I was hoping for a good year too but even with that, I think it all still would have come down to his combine and pro day numbers. There are just way too many big receivers with marginal speed who can't separate and never do much in the NFL for a team to take a high shot because of college production. Hopefully he surprises us and throws down a great combine performance.

He's too good not to stick. He may only get situational, red zone looks, but he'll latch onto a team and make plays.

Reaction Score

If all things are equal with Sanu physically, the difference is that Sanu dominated in his senior year versus better competition. They can use the excuse of the poor offense GB was part of the last couple years, but Sanu had 115 catches versus 44 for GB in their final season. Sanu was also a jack of all trades during his Soph and Jr years before focusing on his WR skills so he had all sorts of versatility on tape for the scouts to look at. If he is a 3rd rounder with those stats, GB is a 6-7th rounder and maybe a FA unless he kills it at his pro day.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I wish GD the best and hope he makes it to the League just like every other UConn FB player however Im wondering if Diaco knew/knows something we dont know about Davis.
Maybe there was reason he didnt see the field when all of us arm chair coaches were asking where is Geremy during UConn games.
I posted his stats from game mentioned in thread.

I dont see GD being a star as one poster stated - I am known to be Wro...Wron...Wrong.

Reaction Score
The NFL values speed, of course. However, there have been a ton of guys in the 6'2-6'3 230 range that are used in the slot as flexed TEs that are making a good living.

Think Anderson Hernandez, Jordan Reed, etc.

He'll catch on because he has an ELITE skill... he catches everything.

I really have my doubts he runs anything faster than 4.7, anywhere, even if a treadmill is allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom