Geremy Davis is a NYG | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geremy Davis is a NYG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Love the Giants and glad they picked him, but he isn't a deep threat in the league. Not enough speed. If he makes it, it will be as a great third down and red zone option. A guy who uses his size and strength to create space in short yard situations, he doesn't have the speed to run deep routes past NFL corners. Eli has a tendency to throw high, his size will help. He can be a guy who catches 50 passes a year at 10 yards a reception with 35-40 of them coming on third down.

So happy to see Geremy got to the Giants. I am going to be torn if I see him
going up against Byron Jones but will cross that bridge when it happens.

Geremy has great hands, size and strength but I always wondered about his breakaway speed. With Beckham and Cruz, Davis could become a reliable third option. There has also been some talk of him bulking up and playing some tight end. A little short for TE but his other qualities could make up for it.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/geremy-davis?id=2552654

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm a Patriots fan but am excited about this pick too. Local team so I'll get to see him play more often. Beatty and Davis = I'm interested in the Giants offense. Would be really fun to see Jones line up across from Davis in a battle Huskies.

I think the Giants found tremendous value here in the 6th. Under-utilized WR with good hands and solid route runner. I gets me the feeling that we'll appreciate two things in a few years: 1) just how little Davis was utilized here in his SR season and 2) just how bad our QB play has been.

Reaction Score
Was on a car trip yesterday so no draft but was wondering if the Giants might take Geremy with Randle up for FA soon. Watching the games last year I thought Davis looked huge when he was in the secondary and he should be a very good target for Eli. I got home and was watching the crawl on the 5th and 6th round draft choices and saw G. Davis NYG. I put my hands up and yelled yeah! The dog got all excited not sure why I was so happy. He is going to be very productive for my G-men. With Beckham, Cruz, Randle and Davis out there opposing D's will be in deep trouble.

Reaction Score
I can see Davis's role being much like that of Plaxico Burress when he was on the Giants. Big guy that knows how to use his size that'll bring them down in the endzone. Just wish he came to the Pats.

Reaction Score
I feel so bad for Geremy Davis. Hopefully his agent can get him traded as soon as humanly possible.

Reaction Score
So happy to see Geremy got to the Giants. I am going to be torn if I see him
going up against Byron Jones but will cross that bridge when it happens.

Geremy has great hands, size and strength but I always wondered about his breakaway speed. With Beckham and Cruz, Davis could become a reliable third option. There has also been some talk of him bulking up and playing some tight end. A little short for TE but his other qualities could make up for it.

I expect to see him running those crossing routes 10-15 yards deep, and used on those (borderline illegal) rub plays on slants. He should be used similar to Aaron Hernandez too.

Reaction Score
So I've seen our 6th round pick described as similar to Plaxico Burress and Aaron Hernandez already on this thread.

As a NYG fan, I'd be thrilled. As a human with a brain, i think we have some #boneyardin going on here

Reaction Score
So I've seen our 6th round pick described as similar to Plaxico Burress and Aaron Hernandez already on this thread.

As a NYG fan, I'd be thrilled. As a human with a brain, i think we have some #boneyardin going on here

Yes, there is some "boneyardin" going on, and it's you who is guilty of an F in reading comprehension. Stop using that brain to create things that aren't there.

I said he should be "USED" similar to Aaron Hernandez. I didn't say I expect him to be "as good as" Aaron Hernandez.

Reaction Score
Yes, there is some "boneyardin" going on, and it's you who is guilty of an F in reading comprehension. Stop using that brain to create things that aren't there.

I said he should be "USED" similar to Aaron Hernandez. I didn't say I expect him to be "as good as" Aaron Hernandez.

I knew what you meant and frankly thought it made a great deal of sense. The NFL reports say that is how he might be used as well. Words being taken out of context and jumping to conclusions seems to be a regular occurence here, so don't worry about it. I just wanted you to know that what you said was clear. No one knows how anyone will do in the NFL visa vi, Johnny Manzel!

Aaron Hernandez is like 6'2 245. If Geremy puts on anther 25-30 lbs they are about the same size. Totally get it!

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/aaron-hernandez?id=497244

Reaction Score
You are all high on some good drugs(hit me up) if you think he will be used in a role as versatile as aaron hernandez, who had a unique role built into a unique offense specifically for him because he was a top 1% unique talent. Before he went on a murder spree, AH was used out of the backfield, slot, wide, in-line. He had the best agility of any TE/H maybe in the history of the league.

I'm not saying GD will not be successful, but unless he moves the needle from his current projection as a 4th/5th WR and special teams guy, that's crazy.

Now, from a style perspective, Plaxico Burress comparison(style) is more accurate, as a guy who can make physical catches over the middle, create size mismatches, and just own the 15 yard dig area between LBs and S.

Reaction Score
You're arguing with yourself, I hope you're enjoying it. When you finish, let us know who won.

Reaction Score
You said he'd be used like Aaron Hernandez. I said you are high if you think random 4th/5th WR will be used like one of the most unique players to hit the league in 10 years was used in one of the most unique offenses to come along in the history of the league.

Its not a big deal, but since you seem to be having a hissy fit at my expense because you are so smart, I'll keep on the lookout for the Giants to use Geremy from tailback this year taking a pitch like AH.

Reaction Score
"similar to" =/= "exactly the same way".

I simply meant he could be used as a TE/WR hybrid, not so much out of the backfield. It was also a throw away line at the end my post. I first said he should be used on the 10-15 yard crossing routes over the middle, and the slant rubs. Ironically, you seem to agree with me because you said he should be used over the middle, and the 15 yard dig routes.

But if you want to take things out of context and accuse people of saying things they didn't say, well...

http://shansshenanigans.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/.jpeg

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I love Kim Jones, very talented and knowledgeable about all of the sports she covers. Great on WFAN when she fills in and I miss her on the Yankee broadcasts on YES. Her wheelhouse is the NFL though and she knows her .

Reaction Score
Great to see Davis looks good as gunner because to make the team this year, that is where he has to stand out - special teams.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I think he's certainly an upgrade to Corey Washington ... who looked like the next NYG "surprise" last preseason. I think there was a reason he was a Div II player and he didn't seem enthused with being stuck on special teams while Geremy seems poised to embrace that kind of role. Will really enjoy watching him this year.

Reaction Score
Decent read w/ video

Meet The Rookie: Is Geremy Davis a sleeper at wide receiver?

http://www.bigblueview.com/2015/5/3...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

>>Final Thoughts: So what kind of player are the Giants getting in Geremy Davis? I think they're getting one who is going to be very hard to cut.

He likely won't be a sensational receiver. He doesn't have the raw athleticism or "wiggle" to really burn NFL defensive backs or break big plays. But what he does have are strong, reliable hands, a very physical style of play, surprisingly decent -- both as a rookie receiver overall and in light of UConn's quarterbacking situation -- route running, and a willingness to do the down and dirty things.

Before the draft there were whispers that Davis might be well served to add weight and transition to a "move" tight end, and I can see where that sentiment is coming from. Davis plays almost like a tight end in a wide receiver's body. But personally, I think he would find his niche as a possession receiver who can bully smaller defensive backs and keep the chains moving. His blocking and physical play will work well on special teams (which, let's face it, is still missing Tyree and Derek Hagan), and could help the Giants build their revitalized screen game.

It remains to be seen whether or not Davis makes the final roster, but with some competent quarterback play he could certainly surprise.<<

Reaction Score
Just saw Davis at a hotel I'm staying at in East Rutheford next to Met Life Stadium. Did a double take before I could say hi. Maybe tonight I'll see him again. Don't know when their practices down here end. There were about 10 of them that got on a bus headed out for workouts.

Reaction Score
Before the draft there were whispers that Davis might be well served to add weight and transition to a "move" tight end, and I can see where that sentiment is coming from. Davis plays almost like a tight end in a wide receiver's body. But personally, I think he would find his niche as a possession receiver who can bully smaller defensive backs and keep the chains moving. His blocking and physical play will work well on special teams (which, let's face it, is still missing Tyree and Derek Hagan), and could help the Giants build their revitalized screen game.

Devin Thomas, was a bust for the skins but a great special teamer for the Giants he recovered the 2 fumbles against the 49ers in the 2011 NFC championship game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom