Geremy Davis is a NYG | The Boneyard

Geremy Davis is a NYG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Giants are pretty deep at receiver, gives them an added deep threat. Looks like a move for the future, Randle will be a FA after this season, Cruz might be let go in the near future even, since ODB will be getting a lot of dough if the Giants wanna keep him.

Reaction Score
Cruz is going no where in the short term, but he is coming off an injury.

Reaction Score
Cruz is going no where in the short term, but he is coming off an injury.

Im not saying he will, and I hope not of course, just saying the way the Giants operate once you hit 30 they look for someone to replace you. I think Randle will be gone though after this season.

Reaction Score
I love how Mccshay said that Davis played with a not so great qb lol.

Reaction Score
Cbssports gives Giants a B+ for the pick. Underrated receiver.

Reaction Score
Here the Giants deep chart at WR.

Wide Receiver
13 Odell Beckham
82 Rueben Randle
88 Corey Washington
18 Marcus Harris
19 Julian Talley
87 Juron Criner

Wide Receiver
80 Victor Cruz
83 Preston Parker
17 Dwayne Harris
15 Kevin Ogletree
86 Chris Harper

Beckham, Randle, Cruz and Harris are locks. That's four. The Giants will carry five or six WRs. Geremy is as good as anyone else who will be in camp. He needs to play to his ability and hustle on STs and he will make the roster.

Reaction Score
So damn happy he's a Giant. I always had a feeling he'd be a good fit for them, just wasn't sure what round he would get picked up in. He's a better talent than sixth round, so I'd be somewhat surprised if he didn't make the team. This somewhat makes up for Byron going to Dallas, of all teams, in my book.

Reaction Score
Giants 4:05pm via TweetDeck
Welcome to Big Blue Geremy Davis! View photos
04.jpg

Reaction Score
Huh? KimJonesSports is Byron Jones?

Duh....Just figured out you meant Byron would literally be defending Geremy. I thought you were talking about the tweet. :rolleyes:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The Giants will carry six WR's and so have a need for someone with size (Randle is 6'2" with quite a bit of talent but has yet to translate that into results). Parker made the roster last year in order to add some size and he is a bit shy of 6'1".

This could be a pretty close to perfect an opportunity for Geremy. The Giants like utilizing three WR sets with one small WR wide (likely Beckham), another small WR in the slot on the opposite side (Cruz) and a tall WR wide, outside of the slot WR (a role GD could excel at in time).

Another benefit is that the Giants (especially with only six selections in this draft) normally give draft picks plenty of opportunity to earn a spot on the roster.

Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-nfl-draft-0503-20150502-story.html

>>Randy Edsall, the former UConn coach who is now coaching Maryland, recruited Davis to Storrs. "Very happy for Geremy as he is going to a great organization and playing for a great head coach," Edsall said, referring to Giants' coach Tom Coughlin, one of his mentors. "[Davis is] very deserving of this opportunity."

Davis said that while he is happy to be heading to New York ,he was a little surprised. "I never talked to them throughout this whole process, but I'm glad they were watching me from afar," he said. "I'm just really excited right now."<<

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Love this as a Giants fan and a UCONN fan. Outside of Beckham, our WR core is trash. Cruz just hasn't been great the season before last and before he got hurt last season. The rest? Just not great. I think Geremy landed in a great spot and has an opportunity to get some PT and make the roster!

Congrats to him

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I am so happy as a NY Giant fan and think he will play special teams and get a chance to play some wide receiver especially with his blocking ability.

Reaction Score
Giants are pretty deep at receiver, gives them an added deep threat. Looks like a move for the future, Randle will be a FA after this season, Cruz might be let go in the near future even, since ODB will be getting a lot of dough if the Giants wanna keep him.

Love the Giants and glad they picked him, but he isn't a deep threat in the league. Not enough speed. If he makes it, it will be as a great third down and red zone option. A guy who uses his size and strength to create space in short yard situations, he doesn't have the speed to run deep routes past NFL corners. Eli has a tendency to throw high, his size will help. He can be a guy who catches 50 passes a year at 10 yards a reception with 35-40 of them coming on third down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom