Georgia State - funky new stadium | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Georgia State - funky new stadium

Reaction Score
I remember seeing this renderings for this and just wondering why they would approve this

Reaction Score
The Georgia State pics look different...maybe the tweet pic was the before rennovation picture...

Looks like the same stadium but the photo was taken from the opposite endzone.

I agree with Chin, that extra concourse is begging for a creative developer who can make it a secondary hub. Something wholesome like a multi-level sports bar and gentleman's club.....it is Atlanta after all. Bad joke aside, there has to be a innovative use for that space.

Reaction Score
Georgia State converted Fulton County Stadium Turner Field for football. Not sure this layout will work very well....better than nothing however.

1590724796348.gif

Reaction Score
Qb Steven Krajewski had his opening game there his senior year it looked like a nice facility and field. The braves donated the stadium to the college from
What I heard it’s good they did something with the stadium than just letting it sit there and be a eye sore

Reaction Score
Georgia State converted Fulton County Stadium Turner Field for football. Not sure this layout will work very well....better than nothing however.

Isn't it a LONG way from the school?

My bad, was thinking of Georgia Southern (Paul Jonson's first stop, before Navy and Georgia Tech).

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Isn't it a LONG way from the school?
I wondered this myself. I just looked. It is 4 to 6 minutes.

Reaction Score
I wondered this myself. I just looked. It is 4 to 6 minutes.

yeah it’s as close to Georgia State’s “campus“ as can be.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Sorry to hijack the thread from Ga State. Luckily, my school, South Alabama, in the Sun Belt started building our new stadium before all of the virus problems. It holds almost 26,000 and will be finished in time for this season, if it comes off. We are so happy we are out if Ladd Stadium, and are on campus, where football should be played.

why are you here? Your school? Good for you down there in the Redneck Riviera..

Reaction Score
Feel better? Why a thread about Georgia State's stadium? Or San Diego's.

Seemed to fit right in to me.

Reaction Score
why are you here? Your school? Good for you down there in the Redneck Riviera..
Daughter went to UConn, lived in state for 40 years. Free message board. Any other stupid questions?

Reaction Score
Speaking of new stadiums...

I went to old stadium many times, for Padres baseball and Chargers football. SDSU was playing there then too. Always a nice place to watch a game.

Reaction Score
Sorry to hijack the thread from Ga State. Luckily, my school, South Alabama, in the Sun Belt started building our new stadium before all of the virus problems. It holds almost 26,000 and will be finished in time for this season, if it comes off. We are so happy we are out if Ladd Stadium, and are on campus, where football should be played.

That looks a lot like the Rent! Is the Sun Belt going to eclipse C-USA in football? Because it sure looks that way.

Reaction Score
That looks a lot like the Rent! Is the Sun Belt going to eclipse C-USA in football? Because it sure looks that way.
Like the Rent, it is designed to be easily expanded, if we need to. We won't need to if we don't get our act together on the field. The smartest thing we did was to not get the state or city involved in the financing, even though we offered the city a chance to invest ($10 million over 5 years).

As far as C-USA, the Sun Belt has been ranked above them 2 out of the last 3 years. Appalachian State and Georgia Southern have been good additions to our conference on the football side. With the virus problems, there is a lot of chatter about blowing up both conferences and combining them based on geographic proximity to save money. Our two conferences ADs may be losing a lot of sleep over the next couple of years trying to figure this out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom