Georgia Southern | The Boneyard

Georgia Southern

AZgirl

Pac-12 women's sports all day long
Reaction Score
I was curious what division Carver was. Didn't find that, but I did find out that they're a tiny Bible college in Atlanta. Mostly educates people who want to be preachers.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
My elderly preacher played for the Cumberland College football team that GaTech beat 220-0 way back in the day. He said they prayed between every play for their own bodies and for the cold, cold hearts of their opponent
I used to have an elderly co-worker and nobody knew exactly how old he was. One day he mentioned that he started at USC the year they hired Branch Bocock as the head football coach. Of course, I looked it up and that was 1925, so he was likely born in 1907. He didn't fully retire until 1999 or 2000.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I used to have an elderly co-worker and nobody knew exactly how old he was. One day he mentioned that he started at USC the year they hired Branch Bocock as the head football coach. Of course, I looked it up and that was 1925, so he was likely born in 1907. He didn't fully retire until 1999 or 2000.
OT, but always amazed by the elderly that work forever. We had a corporate lawyer at my company, he was just old I thought, until I heard him say that secretaries "like a pat on the butt every once in a while". Boy, did my respect for him plummet.

The company above us had an elderly gentleman that came in on the subway (so did our lawyer). This fellow was literally bent in half, my boss once said he should wear a helmet to not run into something head first. One time I saw him on the elevator and he had a rolling cart with all his work on it that he used for a sort of walker. Interesting. Eventually he started coming in a limo and then we heard he had passed. Never heard who he was, but I think they said he was in his late 80's and was apparently one of that company's founders.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
OT, but always amazed by the elderly that work forever. We had a corporate lawyer at my company, he was just old I thought, until I heard him say that secretaries "like a pat on the butt every once in a while". Boy, did my respect for him plummet.

The company above us had an elderly gentleman that came in on the subway (so did our lawyer). This fellow was literally bent in half, my boss once said he should wear a helmet to not run into something head first. One time I saw him on the elevator and he had a rolling cart with all his work on it that he used for a sort of walker. Interesting. Eventually he started coming in a limo and then we heard he had passed. Never heard who he was, but I think they said he was in his late 80's and was apparently one of that company's founders.
Unfortunately, in my 35 years in banking, I've seen way too much of that. Pre-pandemic I planned on working until my early 70s. I've now shortened that plan by a few years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom