Georgia @ Mississippi St (7) - 1/10/19 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Georgia @ Mississippi St (7) - 1/10/19

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Georgia has finally cooled off in the latter part of 4Q.

Miss State takes a 6-point lead.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why Vic never changed up the defense despite Georgia shooting like over 70% in this half

Plebe

Reaction Score
I don't understand why Vic never changed up the defense despite Georgia shooting like over 70% in this half
Georgia went almost 5 minutes scoreless so something worked.

Reaction Score
State did a good job finishing strong down the stretch

Georgia may be a much better team than I gave credit for. There are certainly some talented kids on that team.

Interested in how Georgia will do in conference play. The Georgia tonight was the one I was waiting for all year.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
All I can say is Pheww!!! That would have been a massive upset. We had to be 20+ pt favorites.

I didn't even consider this a possible loss.

Plebe

Reaction Score
That's twice now that MsSt has struggled on its home floor vs. a team speedy guards but no size. Marquette and Georgia both.

Reaction Score

I don't get it, but I've just accepted it. I guess it works 9 times out of 10 though.

Reaction Score
That's twice now that MsSt has struggled on its home floor vs. a team speedy guards but no size. Marquette and Georgia both.
No size? Are we serious here? They played 6’6” and 6’3” most of the game.

Reaction Score

Robinson is a really good post player, she is 6'3

Stati, that highly recruited Maryland transfer is over 6'5, I think they said she was 6'6

I haven't seen Georgia play with this much confidence on the offensive end all year. I do think when they play with it they are a helluva squad do deal with. If there is one criticism of the Miss St. D is they allow guards to drive the lane too easily

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score

Georgia has speedy guards, but they have much more size than Marquette. Robinson is a powerful 6'3" and Staiti is a burly 6'6". This was a function of great shooting by UGA until the last 5 and simply a rough night for a bunch of MSU starters.

I feel like this might have been one of 2 or 3 nights we could have lost in SEC play and we gutted it out, so I'll take it.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Well, hopefully Georgia can take some momentum from this loss. They next play Tennessee at home :)

Reaction Score
All I can say is Pheww!!! That would have been a massive upset. We had to be 20+ pt favorites.

I didn't even consider this a possible loss.

UGA has some good players. Our team does struggle on D this year. Teams are pulling McCowan out and then scoring down low.

Reaction Score
Well, hopefully Georgia can take some momentum from this loss. They next play Tennessee at home :)

Tennessee could start 1-3....

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Bibby is an Aussie, so it is tough to know what other schools were interested in her. If she didn’t have a lot of high interests, then Vic found a diamond in the rough. If she did, then a good recruiting win. She can play. Has gotten so much lighter and quicker than a year ago. Her defense is so much improved and she can shoot the 3.

Reaction Score
Even on a terrible night, Teaira drops 18 and 21. Imagine if she showed even a little effort,
consistently.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
I think they're way better than their record shows. They're a tough team, they have physicality that match us at times. We play better against teams that take 25 three-point shots than we do teams that has physicality and toughness. They lost to Georgia Tech and Villanova... not egregious losses... those are solid teams with solid records. Lost to Maryland too. Then lost to UCLA who's not the same anymore but still has some Division I talent to go against you.

Still, the difference in the game is the guard play. We need some 3-pointers and make Georgia come out and defend us. We kept driving in when they had 3 really strong players in the paint. It's risky like that and every other drive could get blocked, ball knocked out of bounce, or missed.

Danberry and Holmes were combined 6-22 tonight. Howard and McCowan was able to compensate for their off nights. Bibby obviously had a terrific night otherwise we would've been reduced to just Howard and McCowan. Our bench is absolutely dreadful. The reason it looked like the Kentucky game was over already by the first quarter was because ALL 5 of our starters had a great game. When 2 of our starters have bad games, we need somebody on the bench and it seems like our bench according to Vic is still very developing at this point.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Tennessee could start 1-3....

giphy.gif

If Georgia comes out with that kind of fire and shoots well they may whip UT by 15+.

State was pretty dominant over a good UK team Sunday and they handled UT in Knoxville even with homer refs.

Gotta be honest. I'm sick of the UT mystique and the top recruits it brings. I want State to be in play for more of them.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
How many times can I “Like” this post? Go Dawgs!

VolNation is currently apoplectic with another “first” occurring tonight as Kentucky now just won for the first time at Tenn right after Mizzou won for the “first” time last game. If they lose to Georgia, 3 SEC losses in a row has to be a “first” right?

Reaction Score
I expected a lot more from Myah Taylor this year. No, practicing isn’t the same as playing, but she still had a whole year to get acclimated to Vic’s system. Jessika Carter didn’t look particularly great tonight at all. I liked AEH’s minutes a lot tonight. Played pretty well defensively and didn’t do a whole lot on the offensive end, but obviously having her and Bibby in the game opens things up.

Reaction Score
I expected a lot more from Myah Taylor this year. No, practicing isn’t the same as playing, but she still had a whole year to get acclimated to Vic’s system. Jessika Carter didn’t look particularly great tonight at all. I liked AEH’s minutes a lot tonight. Played pretty well defensively and didn’t do a whole lot on the offensive end, but obviously having her and Bibby in the game opens things up.

I do like Taylor. She certainly is talented and has showed flashes of great stuff but her inexperience has showed at times in her limited minutes. I think sometimes she tries to do too much and gets sloppy with the ball. Vic is very high on her for a reason. I think she just needs experience and some confidence. This is her first year playing as a D1 athletes in actual games. Not everyone adjusts very quick in year one.

Carter is gonna take time to develop. She will rebound and get blocks but her offensive game has work to do. I think it was big getting that transfer from Ole Miss, Taylor Promise. Who will help a bit with the losses in the post next year.

AEH actually played well in limited minutes tonight. Defense was much much better and her hands were more active. If she can continue to work hard on her defense her minutes will rise. AEH has the tools to be a changer on the offensive end but early on so far her biggest issue has been trying to force shots instead of being patient and allowing the game to come to her. Bibby's shots aren't forced wild shots, she takes shots where she is able to set her feet with good looks at the basket. I do think once she starts to do that, the game will come easier to her but that will be something she will need to work on. The talent is certainly there.

Reaction Score
Pretty interesting to compare the espnW rankings of the players on each team. I used the 5 players who got the most minutes on their respective teams tonight.
7508089C-DF35-4D3C-8834-1E913705F6AC.jpeg

Clearly UGA has the much higher ranked players.

Reaction Score
Pretty interesting to compare the espnW rankings of the players on each team. I used the 5 players who got the most minutes on their respective teams tonight. View attachment 38151
Clearly UGA has the much higher ranked players.

Wow, I knew UGA had some highly ranked players, but I didn't know there were all that high. I probably shouldn't complain about Vic anymore.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom