Georgia @ Baylor (7) - 12/04/19 | The Boneyard

Georgia @ Baylor (7) - 12/04/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
That was an extremely sloppy quarter. Both teams shooting poorly and turning it over.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I almost said before the game started that Georgia would be lucky to get to 35 this game. I stand by that thought.

Reaction Score
Moon Ursin is a great little bench player. Doesn't quite have the star power but she does a lot well.

Baylor pulling away now 39-20 at half. 4 of Baylor's 5 starters had 2 fouls going into half.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
One of those quality SEC teams getting shellacked by Baylor without Cox.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
One of those quality SEC teams getting shellacked by Baylor without Cox.
Tell me about it. In another thread somebody spoke about what a great "gauntlet" the SEC season provides. I worked hard to bite my tongue.

Reaction Score
I think the Baylor guards have been spoiled with really really tall post. Egbo and Smith are more normal size. I think they are having to adjust because you can't just toss it up anymore.

Glad to see the rebounding and defense is back.

Reaction Score
I watched Georgia play Mercer earlier this year, and it was painful. Just offensively inept.

Reaction Score
Egbo has really come a long way with her game. .
Her main problem is with consistency, even within a game. In the first quarter tonight, she committed several turnovers and defensive lapses that got her yanked quickly. If it hadn't been for others getting in foul trouble, I'm not sure she would've seen the floor again until garbage time. Then she came back and ended up as the leading scorer. Once she strings together 4 quarters of quality play, she will be a force.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Her main problem is with consistency, even within a game. In the first quarter tonight, she committed several turnovers and defensive lapses that got her yanked quickly. If it hadn't been for others getting in foul trouble, I'm not sure she would've seen the floor again until garbage time. Then she came back and ended up as the leading scorer. Once she strings together 4 quarters of quality play, she will be a force.

She has a long way to go but she's been excellent this year for Baylor. Weak schedule but has averaged 15/8 and leads the team in blocks and FG%. Interested to see how she fits in once Cox is back. Guessing she becomes the super sub off the bench and Degrate doesn't get a ton of PT in big games. That said, Baylor literally has 1 game left on their schedule against a ranked team until the NCAAs.

Reaction Score
The B12 gets the first two wins of the B12/SEC challenge as Tech beats Ole Miss too. I believe the four from the SEC who aren't playing are S. Carolina, Kentucky, Mizzou, and Vandy.

Matchups. Winners of games already played in bold.

Wednesday, December 4
  • Georgia at Baylor
  • Ole Miss at Texas Tech
Thursday, December 5
  • Iowa State at Alabama
Saturday, December 7
  • LSU at Oklahoma
  • Auburn at TCU
  • Kansas State at Arkansas
  • Oklahoma State at Texas A&M
Sunday, December 8
  • West Virginia at Mississippi State