Georgetown v. Alabama | The Boneyard

Georgetown v. Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone watching this game? A few superficial observations:

1.) southern accents in the booth
2.) you would think that Alabama basketball = Alabama football the way that the color man is framing this game

Alabama basketball. Have they done ANYTHING accept lose badly to uconn in the NCAA, in the last 30 years? You would think that Alabama was wearing baby blue the way the TV guys are pumping them up. The fix is on w/in the ESPN studios - the Big East is now officially an outsider as far as this network is concerned.

Reaction Score
Haha, not just the East. We've been hearing this in the SEC for years. Remember all those Alabama teams ranked in the top 5 in the early 2000s only to get demolished down the stretch? They've been to 1 Elite Eight in their program's history. Arkansas and UCONN have been to more FFs, 6 and 4, respectively. I don't even have the time to look up how many EIite Eights. We hear the hype every year. I'll believe it when I see it. Arkansas, Florida, and Kentucky are the only basketball programs to have done anything in basketball in the SEC.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The fix is on w/in the ESPN studios - the Big East is now officially an outsider as far as this network is concerned.

Do you buy your tinfoil hats in bulk?

Reaction Score
Southern accents in the booth? It's Mike Breen and Fran Fraschilla, they are both New Yorkers.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
bama has some high flyers. lacey just knocked down a 3. gtown looks good. that place is rocking like its a national ship game or something and its just a unranked BE team @ #12 bama lol. legit tho i think gtown is a top 20 team, they have one heck of a ooc this year + china, they will be heard from in march when the going gets tough.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
gtown up 5 with 2 to go. would be a good win for them and the BE. can't believe depaul lost, they were looking like a improved team for sure.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
brutal last minute for gtown. wtf

caw

Reaction Score
Btw this game and the DePaul game either conference could be up 3-1. 2-2 seems fair, though the best of the BE have yet to play.

Reaction Score
gtown up 5 with 2 to go. would be a good win for them and the BE. can't believe depaul lost, they were looking like a improved team for sure.

Tough ending for Cleveland Melvin and Depaul...not often you see a big man go coast to coast like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom