Georgetown Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Georgetown Post Game Thread

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Stats list Stewart with 0 Rebounds? I know he got at least 1.

Stewart’s contributions didn’t show up in the stats. I’d like to see Ball show up like he did earlier in the season. Kid played great sgainst UNC, what happened?

Johnson’s inability to stay on the floor is a problem, even after Clingan comes back. The staff need to get him in the hoop ICU for resuscitation.

A 13 point conference win against a traditional rival isn’t nothing. Let’s see what the voters think.

Newton was just off today, 0-6 from 3, 2-11 overall. Curious, I though he had really been shooting well lately.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
1 - Newton had 8 assists and 7 boards; and should've been to the line a bunch more; no need to rip him up, though I think he may be hurt or sick
2 - we're getting beat off the dribble with no rim protection... We're gonna foul
--I think the difference in us not getting whistles is that our opponents are dribbling into space and we're dribbling into traffic
3 - Don't know if DC plays against Creighton but he must be getting close. -- we've survived his absence pretty well
4 - Castle coming up bigger every time out; Stewart making some plays;
5 - We've got a bunch of guys capable of winning plays

Reaction Score
Giving up offensive rebounds has been a serious problem recently. Hopefully Clingan coming back healthy solves that. Biggest reason the Xavier and Georgetown games were as close as they were. It was very frustrating watching all those offensive rebounds. I can't tell you how many times I screamed, "Grab the ----ing ball!!!"

Good thing for the 3 point shooting from Karaban and Spencer. Karaban officially out of his slump.

When does Newton get out of his shooting slump? Hopefully soon.

I know they're both not very good, but why is it that DePaul and Georgetown let their teams just go one on one all game with no passing? It's AAU ball. It's criminal that both coaches let their teams play like that. Georgetown had 4 assists today. Their best offense was getting fouled and going to the line, 29-38. 38 free throws is crazy.

Reaction Score
Stats list Stewart with 0 Rebounds? I know he got at least 1.

Stewart’s contributions didn’t show up in the stats. I’d like to see Ball show up like he did earlier in the season. Kid played great sgainst UNC, what happened?

Johnson’s inability to stay on the floor is a problem, even after Clingan comes back. The staff need to get him in the hoop ICU for resuscitation.

A 13 point conference win against a traditional rival isn’t nothing. Let’s see what the voters think.

Newton was just off today, 0-6 from 3, 2-11 overall. Curious, I though he had really been shooting well lately.
Stewart got at least 2. 1 on defense and one on offense. I know that since Donny was highlighting him when he got both of those. Donny loves to be heard. LOL!

Reaction Score
This is the type of game that will only help us in the long-term should Clingan and the remainder of our lineup remains healthy.

As the small ball 5, Karaban keeps getting tougher down low and is adding more creativity to his cut game inside the arc. You’ll never know when we’ll need a small-ball lineup later this year and all the kudos to Karaban.

Despite his shooting struggles early in the game, Newton continues to showcase his ability as a closer. Love his poise and ability to play in a variety of tempos. He’s a cool guy, but I like his increase in toughness too and personally, it’s fun seeing him yap it up.

Spencer is a warrior. What a perfect fit with this team. Diarra is a perfect 3-and-D bench weapon.

So…who’s #1?
Newton is 7-27 last 2 games. We need him to get it together when we play Creighton.

Reaction Score
The great- Cam and AK are just lights out. Diarra has been great off the bench and Jaylin has solidified his role in the rotation. We keep winning without Clingan despite not being strong down low defensively and not rebounding the ball well.

The not so great- Newton still fills out the stat sheet but he's been playing like hot garbagio lately. He's better than this and I'm not at all worried but he needs to and will snap out of it. Samson has been a no show lately. He's too athletic and showed too much earlier in the season for him to be a total no show rebounding and on defense now.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Solo had 13 turnovers in 3 mins? Impressive. Starters did well for 0 mins too.

IMG_3824.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom