Georgetown Post Game Thread | The Boneyard

Georgetown Post Game Thread

temery

What?
Reaction Score
IMG_3822.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I can only assume that the ref crew all caught a nasty case of Tourette’s, where the only tick was blowing their whistle. What an unwatchable game.

As an aside, given the proclivity of this crew to randomly blow at any given time, it is wild how few fouls Newton drew. He drew a ton of contact and was held and handchecked constantly. I think he was sitting at 3 FTs halfway through the second.

Reaction Score
This is the type of game that will only help us in the long-term should Clingan and the remainder of our lineup remains healthy.

As the small ball 5, Karaban keeps getting tougher down low and is adding more creativity to his cut game inside the arc. You’ll never know when we’ll need a small-ball lineup later this year and all the kudos to Karaban.

Despite his shooting struggles early in the game, Newton continues to showcase his ability as a closer. Love his poise and ability to play in a variety of tempos. He’s a cool guy, but I like his increase in toughness too and personally, it’s fun seeing him yap it up.

Spencer is a warrior. What a perfect fit with this team. Diarra is a perfect 3-and-D bench weapon.

So…who’s #1?

Reaction Score
Nice when you have a team that can consistently win the ugly games while showing its flaws. This won't be the last fugly game as we inch up to number one.

Opponents see us as their salvation.

Reaction Score
I can only assume that the ref crew all caught a nasty case of Tourette’s, where the only tick was blowing their whistle. What an unwatchable game.

As an aside, given the proclivity of this crew to randomly blow at any given time, it is wild how few fouls Newton drew. He drew a ton of contact and was held and handchecked constantly. I think he was sitting at 3 FTs halfway through the second.
Referees did not have a good day. Many of their calls were completely wrong.

Reaction Score
44 fouls and 63 foul shots in a game is ridiculous.

Love what we're seeing from Stewart. Doing all the little things to earn minutes. TOUGH couple of rebounds.

Ball is in a MAJOR funk. Gotta get his head right. His lack of handle isn't helping, and I think his vision of being a 3&D guy may not be right for him.

AK and Cam did their thing. Just absurdly talented and smart on the floor, both.of them. Cam had one play with a defensive eye fake... loved it.

Newton got his #s but is no leader right now. We can't have him shooting 20% night over night. Selfish play late, etc. Always a good passer, and gets his #s, but this isn't the player we need.

Castle was awesome getting to the line. Made a confident 3. Missed some easy ones, but all good experience. He's growing up.

Johnson is a huge disappointment right now, unfortunately. Fouling like crazy and not rebounding. The two things we need. We need more from him with or without Clingan back.

Hurley going ballistic over 50/50 calls and some good calls is not helping himself or this team. 0 self control. I love it, but it isn't good for us. Pick your spots brother.

Reaction Score
Outstanding 3 point and FG shooting % for the fourth game in a row with Alex and Cam leading the way.

54.2% - 51.1% vs Georgetown
45.8% - 54.4% vs X
38.5%- 54.5% vs Butler
46.2% - 58.2% vs DePaul

Going to win a lot of games if we can keep this up.

The team also seems to be playing “tougher” these last few games, especially Karaban. I liked how Spencer came in and gave a forearm shove to Cook after Cook came at Newton.

Reaction Score
Spencer and Karaban were lights out from outside and Castle was getting points at the line from taking it to the bucket. Jaylin Stewart was big in the second half as he gave us some strength that Johnson just lacks. Johnson really is a backup center for change of pace. Not a starter as he can't rebound and not strong enough on defense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom