Georgetown Post-Game Pressers | The Boneyard

Georgetown Post-Game Pressers

Reaction Score
Sounds like we won't see Paige for at least a couple more weeks with Geno ruling out her return during the final week of the season.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Big East tourney starts for us with quarterfinals [I think] on Saturday March 5...just about 2 weeks.
I would think maybe the last game of the BE tournament. Certainly not all 3 games (in 3 days).

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
What does one take away from Geno's press appearance today?

1. He certainly wasn't overjoyed at the performance of his team...sort of generally grumpy.
(which seems to somewhat take issue with Nan's thread)...He wants and expects to see more beautiful BB and won't be satisfied until he gets it...(Sure a Natty, even a finale-4 would be nice)...
-my observation, not his.

2. Especially if Paige returns, minutes will become an issue of some sort ...After several questions in and around that topic he finally said it...If Paige is back it's less for someone (everyone)?

3. Coaching is somewhat different in the 21st century and he's had to adjust...He doesn't give orders...makes suggestions. There was an element of sarcasm but also more than a grain of truth...
This group doesn't always listen, and he's had to modify his style to get through...which he seemingly has had considerable success doing of late (again my comment).

4. He admires the good stretches and attempting to get the team to play with that intensity and intelligence for 40 minutes is the goal.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
What does one take away from Geno's press appearance today?

1. He certainly wasn't overjoyed at the performance of his team...sort of generally grumpy.
(which seems to somewhat take issue with Nan's thread)...He wants and expects to see more beautiful BB and won't be satisfied until he gets it...(Sure a Natty, even a finale-4 would be nice)...
-my observation, not his.

2. Especially if Paige returns, minutes will become an issue of some sort ...After several questions in and around that topic he finally said it...If Paige is back it's less for someone (everyone)?

3. Coaching is somewhat different in the 21st century and he's had to adjust...He doesn't give orders...makes suggestions. There was an element of sarcasm but also more than a grain of truth...
This group doesn't always listen, and he's had to modify his style to get through...which he seemingly has had considerable success doing of late (again my comment).

4. He admires the good stretches and attempting to get the team to play with that intensity and intelligence for 40 minutes is the goal.
Regarding 1, I do not think he is tethered to "beautiful' basketball but I am sure he wants consistent basketball. If he can find a way to overpower in the post and crush the other team consistently in the post, he would be fine with that. . I think #4 point is far more accurate

#2 is just common sense and should not bother anyone. And since Paige is so unselfish, it will not take her long to fit in.

PS. I really do not take #3 too seriously. This is part of his 'old man' schtick. Players want to listen and will listen and want to follow what he says but until the players actually can make sense of the "why", it will not be that good. For what ever reason, kids today may see the game differently than 15 years ago and need to understand the why more than previous generations.

I seem to recall Azzi saying it was really hard to follow instructions early but now she is beginning to understand the underlying logic and reasoning of Geno.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Regarding 1, I do not think he is tethered to "beautiful' basketball but I am sure he wants consistent basketball. If he can find a way to overpower in the post and crush the other team consistently in the post, he would be fine with that. . I think #4 point is far more accurate

#2 is just common sense and should not bother anyone. And since Paige is so unselfish, it will not take her long to fit in.

PS. I really do not take #3 too seriously. This is part of his 'old man' schtick. Players want to listen and will listen and want to follow what he says but until the players actually can make sense of the "why", it will not be that good. For what ever reason, kids today may see the game differently than 15 years ago and need to understand the why more than previous generations.

I seem to recall Azzi saying it was really hard to follow instructions early but now she is beginning to understand the underlying logic and reasoning of Geno.
Why can't they be like we were?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The best takeaway I had from this game was watching Paige without a knee brace. Call me spit crazy, but Senior Day, here we come! I hope I hope I hope.

Reaction Score
I would think maybe the last game of the BE tournament. Certainly not all 3 games (in 3 days).
I agree 100%. 3 games in 3 days is no environment to bring Paige back. Maybe a few minutes in game 1 and a few minutes in game 3. But I don't see how that gets her in top form for the big dance. Unfortunately, Paige didn't come along as fast as we hoped. She was walking stiff during pre-game warmups yesterday. I really hope Paige proves me wrong and explodes out of the box.

Reaction Score
I agree 100%. 3 games in 3 days is no environment to bring Paige back. Maybe a few minutes in game 1 and a few minutes in game 3. But I don't see how that gets her in top form for the big dance. Unfortunately, Paige didn't come along as fast as we hoped. She was walking stiff during pre-game warmups yesterday. I really hope Paige proves me wrong and explodes out of the box.
How do you know how Paige is supposed to feel? Have you ever experienced her injuries? I've had injuries, but none that would have affected my playing the way hers have.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Nika Nika Nika!!! Love her attitude!! Beast mode all the time! “Everybody eats” put that on a Tshirt!!
Ask, and you shall receive.

Reaction Score

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
First game should be first game of NCAA tourney.

Reaction Score
Big East tourney starts for us with quarterfinals [I think] on Saturday March 5...just about 2 weeks.
Yes... the preliminary round on Friday should be Providence
and Xavier, St. John's and Georgetown, and Seton Hall and
Butler ( or some variation of that). The " big deal" for the
next group of teams is who will avoid UCONN until the Finals.
Every game counts and there could be only percentage points
between the #2 seed and whoever comes in # 3 and # 4.
One game left for Creighton vs DePaul = they play each
on Sunday. DePau (two games left)l must win on Friday and Sunday to
claim the # 2 spot. ( see % below) But... if Villanova " wins out"
( with two games left after their come from behind victory over
Georgetown )and if the
chips fall the right way, Villanova could claim #2 with a Big East
record of 15 - 4 : 15/19 = a winning percentage of .780. One
less loss makes a big difference when it comes to percentages:
if Creighton wins on Sunday they will end up 16 and 4 =
16/20 = .800 . But if
Depaul splits ( with a loss to Seton Hall on Friday night,
Senior Night in Chicago! ) even if the loss is combined with a
win over Creighton ( in Iowa !), still DePaul ends up 14 - 6
14/20 or .700. This could be very interesting... who wants
it the most.!! Remember if Creighton win on Sunday
they end up 16 -4 or .800. ! I'm guessing Creighton pevails
and Villanova will win out and claim the # 3 slot with DePaul
being #4 and needing to win the # 4 vs #5 GAME ( not
the seeding # 4 vs #5 teams but "Game #5 " on Saturday at 2:30 PM)
and then DePaul will need to win the # 8 game (Semifinal) over,
we assume, UCONN. The other semifinal would be ( probably)
Villanova vs Creighton. So , if it goes according to Zarathustra
it's Creighton vs UCONN in the final , or "happy day" , a rematch of
Villanova vs UCONN on Monday in the finals. Which spells
"Revenge". Let the games continue!!!. Z
P.S. Does anyone see any mistakes in my math ( gammar school
stuff, but..... )????

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Seems to me it would be good for the league if 'nova wins out all the way to the finals to improve its chance of making the Dance. [assuming doing so does not knock one of the others out.]

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom