OT: - Georgetown needs to fire Ewing. | The Boneyard

OT: Georgetown needs to fire Ewing.

Reaction Score
He’s done so much damage to that program. Their run last year was a complete fluke. I’m glad DH & the BE has rebuilt the UConn program, there’s no reason a good coaching hire can’t have GTown relevant again. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again imagine how fun this conference could be if us, nova, & gtown were consistently top 15 teams. Nova’s obviously there, were on the cusp and will be there soon, no reason gtown couldn’t join us and make this conference even better.

Reaction Score
Rick Pitino……
It would be funny but it would never happen. I mean at the end of the day it’s still the third best job in the conference, they shouldn’t struggle to hire a good coach.

Reaction Score
Patrick is a great guy. But, like any coach he needs to win games or else.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Ewing has had his ups and downs like many coaches
The run in the NBE tournament was no fluke - he had some kids who hit their stride and they played a really nice brand of team basketball during that run. Gtown won the title, Nova, Hall, Creighton and UConn didn't.
Ewing is a stand-up guy but as Chief00 said, coaches have to win.

Reaction Score
Not really concerned about what they do with Patrick. He was a helluva player though on bad teams.

Reaction Score
Not really concerned about what they do with Patrick. He was a helluva player though on bad teams.
In college or the NBA? Obviously not in college. And his Knicks teams were mostly pretty good after his first 3 years. And he obviously was a big part of that success. Just couldn't win the big one.

Was a Knick 1985-2000:

Reaction Score
Why would you not be concerned? If Georgetown is better the conference is better and therefore uconn is in a better place.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom