George Springer gets paid | The Boneyard

George Springer gets paid

Reaction Score
Largest Blue Jays contract in franchise history. Wild! Good for Springer.

6yrs/$150m ain’t too shabby if you ask me.

Wish he didn’t come to the AL East lol

Reaction Score
I wish him luck. Rogers turf could be tough on his legs. What happened with the local teams? Early on there was talk of the Mets or even the Sox having interest.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I wish him luck. Rogers turf could be tough on his legs. What happened with the local teams? Early on there was talk of the Mets or even the Sox having interest.
Not that this was or would be my thinking, but perhaps they wanted to wash their hands of the Astros stink after already losing their managers to it.

And especially after yesterday's clusterfark, the Mets certainly want to avoid any more self-inflicted PR issues.

Reaction Score
Not that this was or would be my thinking, but perhaps they wanted to wash their hands of the Astros stink after already losing their managers to it.

And especially after yesterday's clusterfark, the Mets certainly want to avoid any more self-inflicted PR issues.
I think it was over for Springer and the Mets when the GM kept sending George d1^k pics.

Reaction Score
I'm getting ready to buy a Blue Jays hat. Supporter of George as he is not only a UCONN grad but also a New Britain CT native. So happy to see the local guys succeed.

Reaction Score
Awesome news. I love seeing UConn players get paid. I definitely wanted him but I’m fine with not giving him that contract and going after someone like Jackie Bradley Jr to really beef up the defense.

Reaction Score
Strangest--and Metsiest--part of that story is that they apparently weren't even pics of his own johnson.

Can you imagine? This guy starts out as a scout and a grunt in the business. He just lands a GM job in the biggest market in the sport with an owner worth 14 billion who's a fan and wants to make this franchise the best in the business. His first week in, he pulls the Lindor steal of a trade.

Then, a week later, he rolls over and notices he got 130 text messages over night and sees that story just broke. Literally the penthouse to the outhouse in an instant.

Reaction Score
Can you imagine? This guy starts out as a scout and a grunt in the business. He just lands a GM job in the biggest market in the sport with an owner worth 14 billion who's a fan and wants to make this franchise the best in the business. His first week in, he pulls the Lindor steal of a trade.

Then, a week later, he rolls over and notices he got 130 text messages over night and sees that story just broke. Literally the penthouse to the outhouse in an instant.
I'm sure Jared Porter thought he was all set. The text messages were from something like 2016. The woman didn't want the story to break back then since she was a foreign correspondent. Once she left the industry and moved back home, the story broke this week. Porter deserves everything he gets as he is a sad excuse of a man.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Yeah, it's nuts. I'll always wonder who held the story and decided when to leak it, but I guess I'm glad it happened now instead of during the season.

Another commiserating fellow Mets fan friend texted me yesterday along the lines of "what was he thinking?" with respect to sending unsolicited pics of someone else's member. My only response was that it was admittedly not something I've spent a lot of time pondering.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Yeah. you cant wash stink off you going to the Mets

Reaction Score

Not sure if you've read the actual timeline/texts but they're in the linked article. I don't consider myself to be any sort of Casanova, but how in the world does a guy that pulled off that Lindor deal have such a weak pickup game? I mean, the chain of events and texts are brutally pathetic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom