George DeLeone's Wrinkles | Page 2 | The Boneyard

George DeLeone's Wrinkles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One of my problems with GDL was coming back to the same play that didn't work. How bout that roll out to the right from Whitmer in the 1st q that Friend missed the block and he got sacked. He tried with Mac on his 1st possession and he got drilled and threw a duck. Cmon now! Or when Lyle goes for 7-8 yards on 1st down he throws twice with Mac, when Lyle was clearly the best player on O, give him the ball. IF it ain't broke don't fix it.

Reaction Score
After reading the title, I am glad there were no pics in this thread.

Nice discussion, though.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Play calling could not be worse. Why not make it a little easier for CW. How many screen passes have we run to neutralize the pass rush. If TE is a strength, pass t them more 2 times, works well for the Patriots. How about a quick slant off a 3-step drop. WR screens to spread the defense. Need to throw a couple deep balls to keep the defense honest. Would like to see more McCombs in the flat, actually worked well a few times yesterday. Basic concepts that seem to work for every other team!

Reaction Score
I am still seeing wide receivers dropping wide-open passes. I am still seeing the O-line let people through untouched. I am still seeing a young QB making young QB mistakes. I still see an RB without breakaway speed in the open field.

I'm not saying the coaching is flawless, but if you think your talent couldn't leave a little something to be desired, then I don't know what to tell you. We apparently aren't watching the same team.

Agree with a lot of what you say above. But at the end of the day it is the coaching staff's responsibility to put the players they HAVE in the best position for success. Thats what makes a coach great. It is what makes Don Brown very good on most Saturdays. I think the offensive staff fails at this 70%-75% of the time.

Reaction Score
Deleone and wrinkles? I automatically think age. The second half passing yesterday was deceiving because most of those passes were extremely short attempts in traffic. When we've had success Ruiz year and what Whitmer appears best for is the intermediate stuff to the tight ends and to Phillips and Davis. Were was that in the second half yesterday?

Reaction Score
Our best playmakers on offense are our TEs, yeah, really our TEs are our deep threats. I counted one pass to Delahunt.
Totally agree on the lack of tight end production. We have 2 pretty good ones for 1 more game... let's hope they go out with a couple huge games.

Reaction Score
DeLeone lines up McCombs in the FB position in the offset I. He takes the handoff and delivers a first down, creativity after that? Nope.
This play will not work again this year. He's used it a couple times, but everyone should be on to it by now.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
From the title of this thread I fully expected to see an advertisement for a skin conditioning products designed for 65 year old men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom