Geno's Zinger Tool in Top Form | The Boneyard

Geno's Zinger Tool in Top Form

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
When does thye pre-tournament "build 'em up" phase start this year?

"What are we going to work on? I don't know," Auriemma said. "I have no idea. With these guys today, it doesn't matter.

"This is how I describe it. You could say to some of our players, 'Today is Monday. I think we need to work on this. Go tell them.' And they will go over (two steps) and say, 'Coach said something about next Monday, but I don't know what he wants.' So that's kind of the world that we've inherited now in basketball. You just hope that half of what we talk about registers. So far, so good, but I'm not celebrating at home."

And he says smart stuff too. "We talk a lot about what the future is, and nobody knows," Auriemma said. "I reminded the players about this. We can celebrate what we did in the past, but we have no idea what the future is. We have no idea whether we're going to be in the Final Four or not. We don't know if we're going to be playing for the national championship or not. The only thing we have is the moment that we're in right now, and we have to make that moment great every night. Because if we do that, all we will know is how to make every moment great."

Top-ranked Huskies embrace March Madness

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
One thing Geno is famous for over the years is that during the regular season, he is hard on the team - teaching and pushing them to be more than they thought they could be. But once tourney time rolls around, he stops teaching the "new" stuff, focuses on what they "already know" and becomes much more positive and encouraging.

Mister2

Looking for Mister1
Reaction Score
When does thye pre-tournament "build 'em up" phase start this year?

"What are we going to work on? I don't know," Auriemma said. "I have no idea. With these guys today, it doesn't matter.

"This is how I describe it. You could say to some of our players, 'Today is Monday. I think we need to work on this. Go tell them.' And they will go over (two steps) and say, 'Coach said something about next Monday, but I don't know what he wants.' So that's kind of the world that we've inherited now in basketball. You just hope that half of what we talk about registers. So far, so good, but I'm not celebrating at home."

And he says smart stuff too. "We talk a lot about what the future is, and nobody knows," Auriemma said. "I reminded the players about this. We can celebrate what we did in the past, but we have no idea what the future is. We have no idea whether we're going to be in the Final Four or not. We don't know if we're going to be playing for the national championship or not. The only thing we have is the moment that we're in right now, and we have to make that moment great every night. Because if we do that, all we will know is how to make every moment great."

Top-ranked Huskies embrace March Madness

I'm surprised you didn't chop what Geno said into two halves and make two separate threads from them: one titled Geno's zinger and the other Geno's smart stuff.;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom