Geno's Season In Review | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno's Season In Review

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Not quite correct. Azzi was sidelined before the Notre Dame game in which Paige was injured. Paige and Nika (my memory about the timing of Nika's unavailability was incorrect) were sidelined after the Notre Dame game. Georgia Tech was the first game to be played without them, but UCLA (not Louisville) was the second game. Louisville was the third game without Paige and Nika.

The UCLA game was a 10-point win for UConn (71-61) after they trailed into the third quarter by as much as 11 points. It was a good (possibly heroic) win for the newly reconfigured UConn team against a pretty good opponent -- although not Top 10 or even Top 25. Evina Westbrook played 40 minutes in that game and was amazing, especially in the early going when she was the only one who could hit a shot.
Azzi was not shutdown until after the Notre Dame game, yes she did not play. Sorry did not make myself clear, Louisville was the second game after GT. So the 3 rd game after all were shutdown

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Really detailed article in Bleecher Report

'We Went Through Hell': How UConn Survived an Unprecedented Season​

JACKIE POWELL

Problem is for some reason I cant embed the article URL. Maybe someone has better luck

Here is a a sample of how Paige transformed her voice while on the bencjh

In addition to being patient with herself, Bueckers could still contribute to the team differently. Though she would prefer being on the court, she was still sitting on the bench and she was still listening during timeouts.

That sitting transformed into dancing and celebrating, and that listening transformed into speaking and demanding accountability. According to Westbrook, Bueckers developed a sense of duality during her time off the court. She always was the teammate that would lift others, but she was hesitant to provide any constructive feedback. But after sitting out for months, Bueckers has found a different kind of voice that her team needs her to have.

"[It's] like, 'Hey, it's gonna be OK' when the time is right," Westbrook told B/R about how Bueckers communicates. "But also like, 'Nah, this isn't OK. This is the same thing coach is talking about and he's right, we have to fix it.'"

Reaction Score
That wrong score more accurately describes the game than the does actual one, imo.
Correct. If I recall correctly (and I watched the entire game despite that HORRENDOUS court paint job), Oregon took their foot off the gas at the end.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom