Geno's presser? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno's presser?

Reaction Score
I’m down on him right now. Hopefully I’ll be back to idolizing soon.
I‘m a long time teacher and supervisor prior. I know what it looks like when nobody’s listening and also what it’s like for people to want to run through a wall for you. Nobody’s had more of the latter than Geno. 38 years?
I contend that our players aren’t developing like they should. Pheesa got better- Olympian, WNBA all-star. Last one to really improve? A list of a bunch that haven’t.
Geno’s got to find his voice! I think he’s got to simplify everything so that these players can relax and play ball. I‘m tired of hearing about “today’s players”, about earning playing time, and about not understanding something. If I was teaching, let’s say chemistry, and my whole class is failing, I’d be in the office trying to explain what my problem was teaching this material. It’s basketball!
Walker got better. Danger got a bit better. Collier got a lot better. Gabby got better. Stevens stopped messing around on the perimeter.

Reaction Score
I’m down on him right now. Hopefully I’ll be back to idolizing soon.
I‘m a long time teacher and supervisor prior. I know what it looks like when nobody’s listening and also what it’s like for people to want to run through a wall for you. Nobody’s had more of the latter than Geno. 38 years?
I contend that our players aren’t developing like they should. Pheesa got better- Olympian, WNBA all-star. Last one to really improve? A list of a bunch that haven’t.
Geno’s got to find his voice! I think he’s got to simplify everything so that these players can relax and play ball. I‘m tired of hearing about “today’s players”, about earning playing time, and about not understanding something. If I was teaching, let’s say chemistry, and my whole class is failing, I’d be in the office trying to explain what my problem was teaching this material. It’s basketball!

some of the comments I read from Uconn fans on Twitter were that Geno lost his hunger, or that he doesn't have the same drive. Idk if that's the case, but he definitely does not have the same energy he used to have as comes with age. I definitely miss seeing him well dressed in a suit on the sidelines. Gotta remember look at the men's side in cbb, this season we are going to have Coach K retire after Roy Williams retired last season. Only one that keeps coaching is Boeheim (many want him to retire me included).

Reaction Score
I typically do not like Geno's presser because he tends to exaggerate a lot of things he said but I really hate this one. Talk about crapping on your players calling some of them "can't play worth a lick but stubborn as ". Why in the hell did you recruit them if they could not play? Calling Paige's overall play not very good at all. I guess he should try to play without Paige to see how it goes.
They scored three points in the fourth quarter. Three.

If these players can’t handle some well-deserved criticism of yesterday’s performance, then they shouldn’t have chosen to play for Geno.

Reaction Score
Geno acts just like we of the older generation expected our coach to react after a loss. Player motivation in our era.

Nowadays though, some younger folk might consider his words to be micro aggressions.

Reaction Score
Paige had that terrible pass in the backcourt in the 3rd quarter that SC picked off and scored. Then Dorka did the same and bam 6 SC points in 10 seconds. Not sure we were ever the same.

For Paige it was a moment of carelessness and lack of concentration. If you aspire to be one of the all time greats, you cant do that.
Yeah, I think she was frustrated about a no call and sort of made a careless pass to E. Then SC makes a play and converts and the energy in the building shifts. Then Dorka and Paige sort of get flustered and turn the ball over again which results in another steal and score. They did come back however and take the lead at one point in the third. It was like 52-50 after AE went coast to coast which felt like it was going to be a signature play. I think shortly after that play E had a really bad full court pass turnover and then Zia Cooke converted on an easy layup. I didn't rewatch the 4th but through 3 it was really even and if Uconn just eliminated the unforced turnovers they probably would've been up.

Reaction Score
Walker got better. Danger got a bit better. Collier got a lot better. Gabby got better. Stevens stopped messing around on the perimeter.
I'm not going to haggle about this. I said Collier. He didn't get Stevens to excel in his system. Danger hit a game-winning shot early freshman year. Walker overrated recruit. You're right, she did as well as expected. Gabby never learned to hit an open 15 footer. And she played high post for 3 years. Do the math on that.

Reaction Score
Geno’s pressers get more and more bizarre. Not funny anymore.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I watched the second half just now and we were awful. They were soft, stop attacking , missing shot or nor taking them. They played like a high school team in the second half. The coach had no answer. They will be Ok but they played an awful half. Too early in the season for a tough game like this.
Now that’s cray cray

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
The presser was pretty much what I expected when I saw him smiling on the bench. Trust the man with the rings. If perchance he was nicey nice during the presser then at practice gave full vent to his frustration with the 4th quarter, he would be a hypocrite. He said what he said and what he will say to the team is the same thing. The returning players are very clear that their goal is a National Championship. For 10 minutes they did not play like a national championship team. They have talked the talk. Now we see how far they have to go to walk it out. I believe in them. It is November and November is practice.

Reaction Score
I'm not going to haggle about this. I said Collier. He didn't get Stevens to excel in his system. Danger hit a game-winning shot early freshman year. Walker overrated recruit. You're right, she did as well as expected. Gabby never learned to hit an open 15 footer. And she played high post for 3 years. Do the math on that.
I missed Collier.

Don't agree one bit on anything else you said. Danger can't get better because she hit a game winning shot as a frosh?
Stevens ended up being a NBA player whose game is defined by being an inside player. She was a wanna be small forward at Duke.

As far as Gabby, she was 1st team All_Amercian, being one the top three 1st team A//A's on her team so my math tells me that is great. Among the 99%% in all of women's basketball. She wasn't near that as a frosh or Soph. That is the math.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom