Geno's Post-Game Press Conference | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno's Post-Game Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How cool is Coach Buscaglia. Never heard of the guy before today's game but he was really pouring his heart out in this presser. 38 years coaching and today was the end. Very moving.

Heartbreaking to see him cry. Really sounds like a great guy. And really praised his kids for fighting in the fourth quarter.

Reaction Score
I think your handlers need to get you caught up on your meds. There is absolutely no basis for your empty speculation and implied accusations. And, quite frankly, it is an insult to Napheesa's family and friends.
Nice try. Please drive through and come again.

Reaction Score
Ashley Ravelli: “I’m just so proud of wearing this uniform. I’m just happy.”

(re. UCONN) “They just go to a whole different speed. I mean… uhh... I can’t lie about it. When you’re out there… Yes, we practiced - we had a great scouting team. They tried to play the way they [UCONN] were playing when we practiced. But they just go to a whole different speed.”

(re. the 2nd half) “Mmmmm… I probably had a confirmation that they’re human… that they can miss shots...

Coach Buscaglia - what a cool guy. He was so proud of his players:

(re. 4th quarter) “I know they didn’t have Stewart in the game [etc.], but they still had UCONN players in the game…”

“I tell them to never let anybody treat them as second class. Don’t be the Vice President – be the President.”

Reaction Score
Ashley Ravelli: “I’m just so proud of wearing this uniform. I’m just happy.”

(re. UCONN) “They just go to a whole different speed. I mean… uhh... I can’t lie about it. When you’re out there… Yes, we practiced - we had a great scouting team. They tried to play the way they [UCONN] were playing when we practiced. But they just go to a whole different speed.”

(re. the 2nd half) “Mmmmm… I probably had a confirmation that they’re human… that they can miss shots...

Coach Buscaglia - what a cool guy. He was so proud of his players:

(re. 4th quarter) “I know they didn’t have Stewart in the game [etc.], but they still had UCONN players in the game…”

“I tell them to never let anybody treat them as second class. Don’t be the Vice President – be the President.”
I don't even want to imagine Geno's last press conference.

Reaction Score
I don't even want to imagine Geno's last press conference.
"It's with a heavy heart that I leave the University of Connecticut. But to those of you who are pushing to nominate me for President of the United States, I must let you know that I have no wish to hold that office... If nominated I will not run, and if elected I will not serve..."

Reaction Score
"It's with a heavy heart that I leave the University of Connecticut. But to those of you who are pushing to nominate me for President of the United States, I must let you know that I have no wish to hold that office... If nominated I will not run, and if elected I will not serve..."
I don't even want to think about it. Like with the Stewie/Mo/Tuck class, I prefer to pretend that the finale will never actually arrive.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Yeah I know, but like rumors, jokes are also usually rooted in some shred of reality. Have you ever heard of Mo or Stewie's handlers (actually just the other day he mentioned getting a call from Stewie's agent) or TLaw's handlers?
Mo gets her minutes, as does Stewie (well earned) so no need for handlers to ask for anything more... TLaw isnt good enough so her "handlers" know not to ask for too much more.
Collier is in the middle of the pack for everything so her "handlers" could be questioning stuff... but I think that would be just her "teenage friends" and "locals" who want her to shiny brighter just back she's from "back home". A lot of players fall for that based on their HS numbers. As you said there may be some truth to it cause it was said by him BUT I don't think her parents are "handlers".

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Anyway, if she plays like yesterday.....
She'll have all the minutes she wants and more
And she'll be an All-Star soon enough.

Geno's doing his usual head job to get her to find her max ability.
That's all that was about.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Just to clarify - Geno was joking about Stewie's agent. She can't hire an agent until after the Tournament is over. Against all the rules.

Reaction Score
That Robert Morris press conference was impressive. The student athletes were very well spoken, and really have their heads on straight. The coach is a really fine role model and a great spokesman for Women's Basketball.

Their university should be proud.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just to clarify - Geno was joking about Stewie's agent. She can't hire an agent until after the Tournament is over. Against all the rules.
And she would be crazy to hire one until after she signs her WNBA contract - why pay the agent 10+% of a fixed contract?!:eek::)

Reaction Score
Katie Lou's first time at the podium. Hopefully, there will be many more this year and in future tournaments. Go UConn. GoLouConn.

Reaction Score
Sal B.'s statement about life lessons starting at about 7:15 minutes was profoundly eloquent.
It was gratifying to hear this heart-felt advocacy for women --indeed, for anyone.

Reaction Score
Having sat there, Geno doesn't often lose the press conference battle, but Sal won this one in a walk.

He was terrific, what heartfelt thoughts and his comment imploring coverage of mid-majors and all women's basketball were awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom