Genos' March to 900 Wins | The Boneyard

Genos' March to 900 Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
So if the team goes undefeated between now and the Temple game, I believe that is when Coach will get his 900 wins. Pretty amazing!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Most coaches are pleased to win 20 games in a single season and ecstatic if they reach 30.

By reaching 900 wins in >30 seasons, Geno has averaged 30+ wins per season!

(And I like our chances for the next three, at least.)

Beyond category.

Reaction Score
I believe this is Geno's 30 th season as head coach. So >900 wins projected in <30 seasons. A rare accomplishment.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
On May 5, I posted a new thread on this very topic!!! Here is the link. And for the record, here the core of what I said:

What all would Geno have accomplished in 30 seasons? Well here are some ways I can think to look at it:
  • With a relatively scant 21 more victories, Geno will reach the 900 -win plateau. He'll be averaging a 30-win season over the course of 30 seasons!
  • Yes, I know you can never assume six wins in a row in the NCAA Tournament, so yet another national championship isn't a given. But we know UConn is the preseason favorite to win another NC, and we all understand the reason for it. So maybe it won't be as forgone a conclusion as getting to 900 wins, but if UConn lives up to its preseason hype, Geno will be up to 10 NCs. You can do the math; that's one NC for every three seasons.
  • Geno has already coached his teams to 15 Final Four appearances. That means he's clinched one F4 berth every two seasons on average. Should he get to 16, he'll a) get his teams there more than half the time, and b) get within two more F4 appearances of Pat Summitt.
  • Finally, Geno's teams have produced either a regular season conference championship and/or a conference tournament championship in 23 different seasons. Should UConn make it 24, that means he'll have coached a conference champion in 80% of his seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom