Geno's Funniest Line Ever Occurred This Evening (Thursday May 4) | The Boneyard

Geno's Funniest Line Ever Occurred This Evening (Thursday May 4)

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
As has been noted here, there was a Connecticut Forum event at the Bushnell Auditorium in downtown Hartford this evening, featuring Geno / Sue Bird / Morgan Tuck. It was all interesting, but one hilarious line from the Q&A session simply has to be told here.

It started when the moderator asked all three participants to state briefly their characterization of Chris Dailey. Morgan mentioned her insistence on proper self-presentation, to the point that CD tried to get them to wear pantyhose at certain off-court events, but at some point during Morgan's tenure, CD backed off of that insistence. Then Sue replied that when Rebecca Lobo attended practices while she was playing, she commented on how both Geno and CD had gotten soft compared to what she (Rebecca) experienced. Then when Sue returned to practices during Morgan's time as a player, she found out that CD was no longer insisting on pantyhose and concluded that "the whole program had fallen into the gutter." She then wondered what had caused CD to stop demanding that players wear pantyhose.

At that point Geno, who had been quiet during the whole discussion, jumped in and said, "Oh, I put a stop to it. I got tired of wearing it."

Needless to say, the audience convulsed in laughter.

Reaction Score
I would expect nothing else from Geno but this "wise crack". He is a master on "wise cracks".

Reaction Score
I really love the way UCONN plays basketball but I think the reason I started following them is Geno's personality and wit. He always seems so deliberate before he comments but his delivery is always very entertaining.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom