Geno's Biggest Coaching Mistake? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Geno's Biggest Coaching Mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I love how ppl act like jerks here
Where else are we going to do it?

You act like a jerk at home and that might mean no sex. And the kids look at you like they want to be put out for adoption. At work you might get fired. In a bar you might get hit.

This is the right place.

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
.....Arizona didn't have any BIGs! for Christ sakes.......

I love how ppl act like jerks on here. The kids that Arizona played at the 4 n 5 are their bigs. Smh. And show a lil class when talking about the girls. Go Huskies!

Aaaagh! @DaConn: you missed the point.

Arizona had
6' 2" Reese
6' 0" Thomas
6' 0" Baptiste

UCONN had
6' 5" Ododa
6' 3" Edwards
6' 0" Westbrook

Sooooo - we didn't need to foul out their "BIGS" to gain a height advantage as you opined in your earlier post that I labelled "TOTAL Nonsence".

Cutting you a little slack here as you are a newbie and apparently not that familiar with the nuances of basketball terms.

Also - it's not acceptable to refer to these women as girls.

Reaction Score
Aaaagh! @DaConn: you missed the point.

Arizona had
6' 2" Reese
6' 0" Thomas
6' 0" Baptiste

UCONN had
6' 5" Ododa
6' 3" Edwards
6' 0" Westbrook

Sooooo - we didn't need to foul out their "BIGS" to gain a height advantage as you opined in your earlier post that I labelled "TOTAL Nonsence".

Cutting you a little slack here as you are a newbie and apparently not that familiar with the nuances of basketball terms.

Also - it's not acceptable to refer to these women as girls.
Lol. You're funny. Obviously their "bigs" we're disruptive, whatever their height. Fouling them out means they aren't on the court to be disruptive or score. Furthermore, it may have given Aaliyah and Liv some confidence to finally take advantage of an advantage they already have.

As for you cutting me slack... Lol, thanks, I'm sure an education in basketball is what I need from someone who has a hard time seeing a perspective outside of his own. You seem to ASSume a few things, Mickey.

And yeah, they re girls to me, still technically children in their development. But if it makes you feel good to call them women, have at it, Mickey.

Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
with 1:23 to go in the Arizona game, Arizona got the ball with a 5 point lead. once over midcourt Nika fouled the ballhandler. It looked intentional. maybe it wasn't. anybody remember the play? if it was intentional, I would wonder why with that much time left, and only down 5, they would do that.

Reaction Score
with 1:23 to go in the Arizona game, Arizona got the ball with a 5 point lead. once over midcourt Nika fouled the ballhandler. It looked intentional. maybe it wasn't. anybody remember the play? if it was intentional, I would wonder why with that much time left, and only down 5, they would do that.
I remember that and was as bewildered as you. Made no sense.

Reaction Score
Not starting Azura in 3rd quarter vs ND in 2018 Semifinal. Imo that cost UConn a ring. Allowing Renee (1-9 3s, several taken way too early in the shot clock) to shoot us out of the 2008 Semifinal vs Stanford. Not saying UConn would have won, just saying that eliminated any chance. Allowing Saniya to take the last shot in the 2017 Semifinal vs MS ST. The fact that UConn lost in that scenario, before at least getting to a 2nd OT, is unforgiveable.
I was screaming at the T.V. Azura was red hot changed the momentum of the game. Total head scratcher.

Reaction Score
TOTAL Nonsense!

Arizona didn't have any BIGs! for Christ sakes.

Liv lost that game:
- ZERO for 7 from 5 inches.
- A measly single point from the foul line.

If Geno has a fault - it is his total loyalty to upper classmen.
Thank you for pointing out the obvious. The bugs lost the game for us. They did not show up. Just the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom