Geno's Big East teleconference interview | The Boneyard

Geno's Big East teleconference interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Recorded the day after ND. He sounds 'down'...

LINK

Reaction Score

LINK

I'm sure he is but he'll bounce back and be even more focused on the task at hand.
afetr all he has said so many times, it's the national championship that counts.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

LINK
He should be. He/they just lost the BE Regular Season Title. Doesn't happen that often.

Reaction Score
the BE title will mean more than whatever conference uconn is in.

True. I forgot that the BigEast name goes with the departing C7 schools.
Whatever our conference name is, winning the title won't mean very much. That's what I meant to say.

Reaction Score
True. I forgot that the BigEast name goes with the departing C7 schools.
Whatever our conference name is, winning the title won't mean very much. That's what I meant to say.

oh, i knew that. i wasn't trying to be a wise guy. it was just a mild rant on my part regarding the fact that uconn's conference may turn out to be one of the weakest in D1 basketball.

Reaction Score
if we are not there ND has it locked up for YEARS to come. no wonder they would want to get away from us

Reaction Score
if we are not there ND has it locked up for YEARS to come. no wonder they would want to get away from us

ND will be playing basketball in the ACC. I believe Duke, UNC, and Maryland
will make it difficult for ND to lock up anything.

Reaction Score
The catholic 7 isn't "taking" the name with them, they are buying it. ESPN has failed to mention that in the articles I have read. Of course they would want to spin this as UConn and the other FB schools leaving the BE. It protects the cache that comes with the name.
I will be very interested in watching the balance of power in the new ACC with Notre Dame & Syracuse joining. The ACC style of play seems to suit Syracuse more than ND but having the best coach in the conference will make ND the favorite the minute they join. JMO of course.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

You can count out Maryland..... unless ND can join the ACC next season..... Maryland bolts for the Big10 in June/July of 2014.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
You can count out Maryland..... unless ND can join the ACC next season..... Maryland bolts for the Big10 in June/July of 2014.
I think ND will try to be in the new Big East next year for one year before joining the ACC.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think ND will try to be in the new Big East next year for one year before joining the ACC.

Hopefully Coach Ivey will still be on the sidelines when ND joins whenever that ultimately is :D

Reaction Score

good teams but I see ND like another us. the top 3 teams right now are in a world of their own. the recruitment and skill will keep us and ND at a constantly great level. Like UCONN they recruit the best. I just don’t see anyone but us beating them unless someone becomes Baylor out of the blue.

Reaction Score
good teams but I see ND like another us. the top 3 teams right now are in a world of their own. the recruitment and skill will keep us and ND at a constantly great level. Like UCONN they recruit the best. I just don’t see anyone but us beating them unless someone becomes Baylor out of the blue.

I thought the opposite: that Notre Dame's star may fall after the move to the ACC. Duke offers everything ND does--with better academics. UNC is expecting a resurgence with big time talent coming.

Muffett is a tremendous game coach and developer of talent, but her recruiting on the national level is not as good as expected, considering the assets at her disposal. Her two program changers, Riley and Diggins, were local kids who decided to stay close to home. Their next star, Jewell Loyd, is from Illinois.

The move to the ACC may actually hurt ND with Midwest recruits. Kids who prefer to play where family and friends can attend most of their games may prefer to attend a B1G school.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Perhaps Im mistaken.... but until the recruiting class of 2013, Ive never really thought of ND having elite classes like the UCONN, TENN, and Stanfords. Maybe this current run will continue to help them in the future in terms of recruiting.

Reaction Score
Perhaps Im mistaken.... but until the recruiting class of 2013, Ive never really thought of ND having elite classes like the UCONN, TENN, and Stanfords. Maybe this current run will continue to help them in the future in terms of recruiting.
the team is great and the coach is better. They may get some dimonds in the ruff at times but the team always seems to be in the thick of things and I don't think that changes much now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom