Geno's Annual Fore the Kids Golf Tournament | The Boneyard

Geno's Annual Fore the Kids Golf Tournament

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
is today. Thought I'd start a separate thread as the team is always there and available to the media. Of course, other issues will come up.

Reaction Score
Didn't know this.

Will be interesting to see if this is accurate. Just did some research on recovery time for this surgery. No more than 20% of weight on knee for 6 weeks with no bending. Passive motion machine needed for 6-8 hrs per day for 6 weeks. And return to athletic activity in 6-9 months. We’ll see.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see if this is accurate. Just did some research on recovery time for this surgery. No more than 20% of weight on knee for 6 weeks with no bending. Passive motion machine needed for 6-8 hrs per day for 6 weeks. And return to athletic activity in 6-9 months. We’ll see.

If she does get that waiver, that means we won't see her on the court until the 2nd half of the season. According to reports here in the yard, her surgery was around the 1st of June. A 6 month recovery period wouldn't get her back on the floor until after the first of the year. We know they ARE NOT going to rush her back under any circumstances. Would they bring her back as late as mid-February? She may have to take a medical red-shirt if she's going to miss the majority of the season. As you said, we'll see.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Isn't that the same surgery Tuck had? She had hers done in February 2014 and was back for the 2014-15 season.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Microfracture surgery is a technique to repair cartilage damage. The rehab and recovery time depends on the location and extent of the damage. The damage to the cartilage in Tuck's knee was significant.

Carnac

Reaction Score

Which is why they both have to stay on campus under the daily care and watchful eye of their trainer. They'd lose that if they went home. Way to sacrifice and take one for the team ladies. :) The sooner they return, the better off the team will be.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Some Anna Makurat news at the link too.

But while Dangerfield and Westbrook have been unable to practice as they have recovered from hip surgery and knee surgery, respectively, both said the process has gone smoothly to this point.

“Rehab has been great,” said Westbrook, a transfer from Tennessee whose eligibility for next season remains uncertain as she waits for a potential NCAA waiver. “I’m on schedule with everything.”

Dangerfield underwent hip surgery on May 30, while Westbrook had her knee procedure on June 4. At the time of the surgeries, UConn estimated that both players would miss about four months, leaving them on track to return in plenty of time for the upcoming season.

Westbrook said it was strange to prepare for next season without knowing whether the NCAA would allow her to play, but that she has focused on learning what she can from her teammates and coaches. She said she was happy to have landed at UConn, which she chose for its long winning history.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I thought this Anna quote bodes well

“The conditioning stuff and how hard we work, it’s much harder here,” she said. “We work much harder here. But basketball, I think it’s pretty [much] the same level.”

No hero worship (except the coach) here. :cool:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I thought this Anna quote bodes well

“The conditioning stuff and how hard we work, it’s much harder here,” she said. “We work much harder here. But basketball, I think it’s pretty [much] the same level.”

No hero worship (except the coach) here. :cool:

Hey, you left out the best part @eebmg: “I don’t think Ania is going to take any amount of time to get acclimated. She’s a pro," Auriemma said Monday. "She’s kind of been playing away from home since she was 13. So there isn’t any kind of basketball system that she’s going to feel out of place in.”

Very glad Geno broadened horizons and got Ania on board.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Like the way Evina is thinking too. Solidly happy with her decision:

"Westbrook said it was strange to prepare for next season without knowing whether the NCAA would allow her to play, but that she has focused on learning what she can from her teammates and coaches. She said she was happy to have landed at UConn, which she chose for its long winning history.

“When you hear women’s basketball, the first thing that pops in your mind is UConn,” she said. “They’re always winning, and they’re always one of the best teams at the end of the year. Coming here and seeing it first-hand, it makes complete sense why that is. I’m really happy I made the decision that I did.”

So are we Evina. So are we.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Some Anna Makurat news at the link too.

But while Dangerfield and Westbrook have been unable to practice as they have recovered from hip surgery and knee surgery, respectively, both said the process has gone smoothly to this point.

“Rehab has been great,” said Westbrook, a transfer from Tennessee whose eligibility for next season remains uncertain as she waits for a potential NCAA waiver. “I’m on schedule with everything.”

Dangerfield underwent hip surgery on May 30, while Westbrook had her knee procedure on June 4. At the time of the surgeries, UConn estimated that both players would miss about four months, leaving them on track to return in plenty of time for the upcoming season.

Westbrook said it was strange to prepare for next season without knowing whether the NCAA would allow her to play, but that she has focused on learning what she can from her teammates and coaches. She said she was happy to have landed at UConn, which she chose for its long winning history.

We ALL hope that THAT prognosis is accurate. If Westbrook's waiver is granted, how nice would that be to have them both back healthy to begin the season? Remember her announcement this time last year at Auriemma’s charity golf tournament, Williams, only a few months out of high school, told UConn fans to quit worrying, “We’re going to get that championship,” Williams declared without hesitation. “People are going to feel UConn.”

I think Christyn's forecast of last summer is good this year as well. "People ARE going to feel UConn." :D

Reaction Score

the waiver doesn't seem to be quite as important now that we know EW has had a pretty serious knee procedure and needs a good bit of rehab before she is ready to play..............is it really worth it for her to only play in the second half of the season at best?

Reaction Score
is today. Thought I'd start a separate thread as the team is always there and available to the media. Of course, other issues will come up.
Still waiting for some BYer to post pics... I’m sure at least one of you was there. ;^)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
the waiver doesn't seem to be quite as important now that we know EW has had a pretty serious knee procedure and needs a good bit of rehab before she is ready to play....is it really worth it for her to only play in the second half of the season at best?

UConn was projecting 4 months so they must not feel the injury was that significant.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom