Geno | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno

Reaction Score
Caitlin Clark may have been the best women's player that I have ever seen play while watching Iowa beat South Carolina. She literally beat an undefeated team by herself.

Clark- Scores the last 11 points for Iowa. Scored or assisted on 75% of Iowa’s total points. Scored or assisted on every 4th quarter Iowa point. Most points ever scored in a WCBB final four. Only player ever to score 40 or more points in two consecutive tournament games. Broke down the best defense in women’s college basketball.
The refs have played a large part in SC's success over the years. Refs that "let them play" almost guarantee a SC win. In the game against Iowa, the refs didn't even call it tight. They called it OK in my opinion. As a result, SC couldn't slow down Clark. They depend on grabbing and hip checking to get those great defensive numbers. SC got called for 20 fouls in this game. Against us last year they got called for 11. Fudd was sick and Bueckers was still recovering from one of her million injuries. Between the SC muggings and the health issues, they couldn't get clean shots.

Reaction Score
It seems a mens national championship would be a nice consolation prize (now lets get it done!)
I have been a big fan of both teams for a very long time. The women aren't as athletic but, yes, they do play beautiful basketball, when the refs call the damn fouls. Geno is a genius by any standard and the fact that the teams are now close is a huge benefit to Hurley. The guy has multiple hall of fame coaches to get advice from. It is crazy. And he apparently is close with Jay Wright as well. Think about having those four guys on speed dial.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
South Carolina has not been in close games and you could say got out coached. Why she did not double Clark is confusing to me, especially the 2 out of bounds plays at the end of the game.
Do not let her get the ball. I know it is easier said then done, but at least try
Right there. That's the reply that makes this thread into pure women's board material.

Reaction Score
Right there. That's the reply that makes this thread into pure women's board material.
It always goes to that place, Rich. They whine when I post it and it allllllllways slides to this nonsense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom