Geno | The Boneyard

Geno

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Why don't you adopt the top five players in 2019 and UConn won't have a problem. Then, if you could afford it, the top five in 2020. That would secure UConn's future for years to come. That would surely make me happy. Oh well, just wishful thinking.

Reaction Score
Why don't you adopt the top five players in 2019 and UConn won't have a problem. Then, if you could afford it, the top five in 2020. That would secure UConn's future for years to come. That would surely make me happy. Oh well, just wishful thinking.
I am 77 years old, my child rearing days are long gone but I still think Geno is cool as a coach and even more so as a man.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
But based upon countless threads on this board, Geno, as a coach, is a "failure", so...:rolleyes:
Let me be clear - I certainly am not of that opinion!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I am a youngster at 76 years old. But old guys do rule. Geno is THE coach. Based on everything that you can measure, he and a few others will be considered the best coaches ever in Women's basketball. On those things that you can't measure, he still is the best coach in basketball.

Siestakeyfan

Sailing at Block Island Race Week
Reaction Score
I am 77 years old, my child rearing days are long gone but I still think Geno is cool as a coach and even more so as a man.

Agreed 1962 grad

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I am a youngster at 76 years old. But old guys do rule. Geno is THE coach. Based on everything that you can measure, he and a few others will be considered the best coaches ever in Women's basketball. On those things that you can't measure, he still is the best coach in basketball.
76, bah. With your handle I assumed you were actually old.

Reaction Score
Coach Geno and Coach Scott Rueck are my two favorite WCBB Coaches. They both are inspiring, and, darn good teachers of the game (particularly individual and team fundamentals).

Reaction Score

What the hell am I doing here with all of these old guys...i'm a spry 69.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
76 in dog years? :confused:;)

Not in dog years. I am afraid that's in Marine Corps years. 23 years in the Marine Corps is equivalent to 115 years in normal life. That's why you find very few 30 year men in the Corps. But, I am a 1964 graduate of UConn. And the UConn women give me pride with their success for this University. Even some folks out here in New Mexico have heard of the UConn women program and wish UNM was just as competitive.

We are old because we are just Lucky.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Geno is one of the greatest basketball coaches period, regardless of gender. Also, we are old because we are blessed. I don't know anything about luck.

Reaction Score
Geno a failure? Not hardly! If anyone is a failure it's what WCBB is becoming. Not Geno. His system works to get the best out of players and produced many championships as well. He is without a doubt the standard for WCBB. Anything I might have posted on other threads was never a criticism of Geno but of the deteriorating standard of effort in WCBB. .

Reaction Score
Geno can make me laugh, which endears anyone to me, let alone he's the best women's college basketball coach in history. I loved it when he was interviewed after the USF game about why he had substituted for his entire starting lineup in the middle of the first quarter. He lamented that "I can't coach anymore. I can only suggest. So I suggested they all sit down."

Reaction Score
His post game press conferences always contain some nuggets of wisdom.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Geno can make me laugh, which endears anyone to me, let alone he's the best women's college basketball coach in history. I loved it when he was interviewed after the USF game about why he had substituted for his entire starting lineup in the middle of the first quarter. He lamented that "I can't coach anymore. I can only suggest. So I suggested they all sit down."

That might be my new favorite Geno quote.

Amazing

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I guess i’m One of the young whipper snappers at 67!!!

Bring it on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom