Geno Watching Danielle Patterson 6'31/2 | The Boneyard

Geno Watching Danielle Patterson 6'31/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Danielle Patterson 6'31/2 sophomore out of Medgar Evans in NY scored 20 pts and pulled down 10 rebounds with Geno watching. From what I was told Geno liked her and will see her again. I can tell you she wants to play for UConn. Good inside game, good footwork and working with on her outside game. Friends Ive talked to say she will be the next NYC star. Great attitude, good work ethic. Now take her and Megan Walker and UConn is in great shape.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Patterson's rankings are volatile. She's top 10 some places, not top 25 others.

She's a big Candice Parker fan, apparently.

Reaction Score
Louisville, St. Johns and several other schools have offered. She hasn't even reached her potential yet. Her natural position is a floating 4. She can play in the post and on the perimeter. Has guard like dribbling skills. She's training with Pro Hoops Academy and will be playing AAU with EYBL Nike team N.J. Sparks. One thing about Geno is that he does not care about or pay attention to rankings. Unlike a lot of coaches, he evaluates and re-evaluates before an offer is made. He liked what he saw and advised he will be back out ot see again. She's working hard on her game. And yes, she's trying to mold her game after Candace Parker. Don't know if she will get there, but with hard work and dedication, she in her own right will become a great player. If anyone needs to know anything about Danielle, I'm the guy you can ask. I'm childhood friends with the father and have known Danielle since she was a second grader.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Louisville, St. Johns and several other schools have offered. She hasn't even reached her potential yet. Her natural position is a floating 4. She can play in the post and on the perimeter. Has guard like dribbling skills. She's training with Pro Hoops Academy and will be playing AAU with EYBL Nike team N.J. Sparks. One thing about Geno is that he does not care about or pay attention to rankings. Unlike a lot of coaches, he evaluates and re-evaluates before an offer is made. He liked what he saw and advised he will be back out ot see again. She's working hard on her game. And yes, she's trying to mold her game after Candace Parker. Don't know if she will get there, but with hard work and dedication, she in her own right will become a great player. If anyone needs to know anything about Danielle, I'm the guy you can ask. I'm childhood friends with the father and have known Danielle since she was a second grader.
Well hopefully we'll have plenty (and plenty of need) to ask you. :)

Reaction Score
Danielle Patterson 6'31/2 sophomore out of Medgar Evans in NY scored 20 pts and pulled down 10 rebounds with Geno watching. From what I was told Geno liked her and will see her again. I can tell you she wants to play for UConn. Good inside game, good footwork and working with on her outside game. Friends Ive talked to say she will be the next NYC star. Great attitude, good work ethic. Now take her and Megan Walker and UConn is in great shape.

Tony C
I seem to remember her name coming up a year or so ago as someone to watch. Was that you with the heads up ?

Reaction Score
Tony C, Danielle has not advised anyone that she wants to play for Uconn. I'm sure once Geno gets to know Danielle and Danielle gets to know Geno and Uconn, her interest will grow. As of now, this is the first time Geno has shown any interest in her. Her and her family know Uconn is a great institution. I just don't want miss information to be put out there. She's intrigued with the winning tradition of Uconn and highly respects Geno as a great coach. It's just a wait and see game now. I'm sure if Geno likes her enough, he will have her and her family up at Storrs.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Tony C, Danielle has not advised anyone that she wants to play for Uconn. I'm sure once Geno gets to know Danielle and Danielle gets to know Geno and Uconn, her interest will grow. As of now, this is the first time Geno has shown any interest in her. Her and her family know Uconn is a great institution. I just don't want miss information to be put out there. She's intrigued with the winning tradition of Uconn and highly respects Geno as a great coach. It's just a wait and see game now. I'm sure if Geno likes her enough, he will have her and her family up at Storrs.

Found this oldie. According to this source, she respects UConn but no, she never indicated she wanted to play for UConn.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
According to this source, she respects UConn but no, she never indicated she wanted to play for UConn.

So Danielle was "interested" in what at UCONN- the debate team?

I'm sure once Geno gets to know Danielle and Danielle gets to know Geno and Uconn, her interest will grow. As of now, this is the first time Geno has shown any interest in her. Her and her family know Uconn is a great institution. She's intrigued with the winning tradition of Uconn and highly respects Geno as a great coach. It's just a wait and see game now. I'm sure if Geno likes her enough, he will have her and her family up at Storrs.

One thing about Geno is that he does not care about or pay attention to rankings. Unlike a lot of coaches, he evaluates and re-evaluates before an offer is made. He (Geno) liked what he saw and advised he will be back out ot see again. She's working hard on her game. And yes, she's trying to mold her game after Candace Parker. If anyone needs to know anything about Danielle, I'm the guy you can ask. I'm childhood.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
So Danielle was "interested" in what at UCONN- the debate team?

Interested, yes. She was interested in a lot of teams, but Tony commented that UConn was her first choice. I don't know if this was ever the case.

Reaction Score
Patterson's rankings are volatile. She's top 10 some places, not top 25 others.

She's a big Candice Parker fan, apparently.
Always a lot of variables when scouting Sophs. Don't envy coaches. They must wish for "good old days" when offers didn't go out until during or after Junior year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom