Geno visits Myrtle Beach.... | The Boneyard

Geno visits Myrtle Beach....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Wouldn't be a bit surprised if he played a round of golf in that golf-centric place.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Norcross is the Nation's Top-Ranked school with a 5-2 record? (according to the article)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A few inaccuracies in the article on the game, but look at Diamond's elevation!

I'm guessing that Geno strutted in with loafers and no socks. :)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
this was kind of funny... "She is ranked the third-best player in the class of 2013, according to ESPN and is rated as the best player at the guard position. She is undeclared but is considering big-time programs like UConn, Duke and North Carolina just to name a few."

Glad to see she's taken Tennessee off her list lol. still, it was as funny omission. also, four 3-pointers? sounds like she's expanded her shooting touch. that girl is going to be something special!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
btw one of the articles mentioned that Geno said 2 of his assistants were out in Arizona checking out a tourney. who are they recruiting in AZ? or what tourney is there that has recruits we are interested in?

Reaction Score
btw one of the articles mentioned that Geno said 2 of his assistants were out in Arizona checking out a tourney. who are they recruiting in AZ? or what tourney is there that has recruits we are interested in?
One player is Karlie Samuelson.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
One player is Karlie Samuelson.
that's probably the one then. i'm not sure of any other targets at this point besides those few they are looking at...

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I'm sure they're at the Nike TOC in Phoenix. Breanna, Morgan, et al.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
or they're in AZ showing BStew & MTuck some love (thats where they played, correct?)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
or they're in AZ showing BStew & MTuck some love (thats where they played, correct?)
Yeah, probably a combination of looking at unsigned players for 2013 and beyond and touching base with Morgan and Bree.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
this was kind of funny... "She is ranked the third-best player in the class of 2013, according to ESPN and is rated as the best player at the guard position. She is undeclared but is considering big-time programs like UConn, Duke and North Carolina just to name a few."

Glad to see she's taken Tennessee off her list lol. still, it was as funny omission. also, four 3-pointers? sounds like she's expanded her shooting touch. that girl is going to be something special!!

I wouldn't want to read too much into a casual comment, as I'm sure you are not. Still, it beats the alternative.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
A few inaccuracies in the article on the game, but look at Diamond's elevation!

I'm guessing that Geno strutted in with loafers and no socks. :)

I saw that too ....!! (Gotta love when your wing/forward jumps center to start the game - it sort of looks like it might be the tip-off but then again the players are dispersed, so not really sure)

1cevll.Em.78.jpg

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
According to Hoopgurlz, Samuelson went out yesterday with an injury. They thought it looked like an ankle sprain or possibly even a break.

I know Adams is already playing hurt and Davis is apparently sick according to their article from today.

It sounds like they're already getting a taste of WCBB.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I saw that too ....!! (Gotta love when your wing/forward jumps center to start the game - it sort of looks like it might be the tip-off but then again the players are dispersed, so not really sure)

1cevll.Em.78.jpg
I believe Diamond has been dunking since 7th grade!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Sierra Calhoun (2014, Christ the King) and sister of UConn Men's team commit Omar is also playing at the TOC.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I believe Diamond has been dunking since 7th grade!

Hmmm..... well, let's cross our fingers so that Diamond can join forces with BStewart, and we can start having a DUNK CONTEST between the two of them as part of First Night festivities !!!

Incidentally, I wonder if there has ever been a women's team with two active players who could dunk it unassisted?? Precious few teams have ever had even one that could really dunk it. I would imagine no WCBB team has ever had two at the same time but will defer to the sports history wonks on that one.
P.S. I'm still mad that Maya never gave it a go on any of her fast breaks... :p

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Hmmm..... well, let's cross our fingers so that Diamond can join forces with BStewart, and we can start having a DUNK CONTEST between the two of them as part of First Night festivities !!!

Incidentally, I wonder if there has ever been a women's team with two active players who could dunk it unassisted?? Precious few teams have ever had even one that could really dunk it. I would imagine no WCBB team has ever had two at the same time but will defer to the sports history wonks on that one.
Geno said she always complained that her "palms were too sweaty".

Geno>>>> :rolleyes:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

I think she tried as a frosh. She lost control and missed the shot. Geno said he didn't care whether she dunked or not, as long as she made the shot.

One factor about Maya dunking--I think she wasn't willing to try it unless a game was under control. And late in the game her legs were tired and her elevation may behave been inadequate. It would have been nice to see her dunk, but Maya's finger roll was as exciting and beautiful as any dunk. It was one of her trademark shots. The jumper was the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom