Geno to miss Seton Hall game | The Boneyard

Geno to miss Seton Hall game

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Statement from Geno: “There's been a lot going on in the last couple weeks, and I think it caught up to me physically. I've been feeling under the weather for about 10 days now, and my doctor recommended I take a few days off to fully recover.
CD and the coaching staff will continue to do a phenomenal job in my absence, and I look forward to returning to the team in a few days."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
“Oh, no! Our Hall of Fame coach is going to miss the game! Whoever can we find to fill-in for him? Oh yeah, our other Hall of Fame coach.”

the eye wink GIF

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
CD said he has flu-like symptoms. I had the flu a few weeks ago, and while the depth of the illness wasn't that bad, it lasted a long time. After about three weeks I am no longer coughing and I've had full energy for maybe five days.

Reaction Score

Between the stress of the injuries, his mom passing, and covid ( and the full family of respiratory diseases), it is not surprising that gene needs some time off. I hope the rest begins the process of rejuvenation. As for CD, she is certainly capable. What I don't like, however, is that she locks in on the starting five and that is all she does. She is not skilled ( IMO ) at player substitutions, or development. I predict now that you wont see Ines give a one minute breather to Muhl, and you wont see Amari get off the bench either. Both were showing signs of development and improvement. I think it was a mistake not to give Amari some time in the Florida State game. And Ines is certainly capable of giving Muhl a brief rest. Anyone wanna place a bet?

Reaction Score
Statement from Geno: “There's been a lot going on in the last couple weeks, and I think it caught up to me physically. I've been feeling under the weather for about 10 days now, and my doctor recommended I take a few days off to fully recover.
CD and the coaching staff will continue to do a phenomenal job in my absence, and I look forward to returning to the team in a few days."
If he's got what I had/have, it will be another week or so. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks for my "cold" symptoms. I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel though.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
CD said he has flu-like symptoms. I had the flu a few weeks ago, and while the depth of the illness wasn't that bad, it lasted a long time. After about three weeks I am no longer coughing and I've had full energy for maybe five days.
Feel better BB man.

Reaction Score
Between the stress of the injuries, his mom passing, and covid ( and the full family of respiratory diseases), it is not surprising that gene needs some time off. I hope the rest begins the process of rejuvenation. As for CD, she is certainly capable. What I don't like, however, is that she locks in on the starting five and that is all she does. She is not skilled ( IMO ) at player substitutions, or development. I predict now that you wont see Ines give a one minute breather to Muhl, and you wont see Amari get off the bench either. Both were showing signs of development and improvement. I think it was a mistake not to give Amari some time in the Florida State game. And Ines is certainly capable of giving Muhl a brief rest. Anyone wanna place a bet?
Could be that CD will lean more vs. Seton Hall on the starters, but my understanding from last weekend was that Amari was in limp mode and Ines had sprained an ankle the day before the Florida State game. That would explain their absences.

Get better soon, Geno, both emotionally and physically.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I believe both Amari and Ines were hurt and unable to play during FSU game. CD would have been a very bad coach indeed to have allowed injured players to play. If they are ready, she will likely find time for them tomorrow.

Reaction Score
I thought I saw that Ines had sprained her ankle in practice and that was behind her not getting court time vs. FL ST. Not sure about Amari but I think I would be comfortable with CD's decisions, she has been at Geno's side for 38 years, I'd bet she knows what she's doing.

Reaction Score

Both Ines and Amari were/are injured.......... Maybe that's why they didn't get off the bench??!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom