Geno to meet w/ media Friday 12/17 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno to meet w/ media Friday 12/17

Reaction Score
The last thing I want to be is “Dougie Downer, (Debbie’s brother). With all of the injuries and defections we've had, I’m beginning to think this may not be our year. SMH, Too many players hurt that could help that are out an extended period of time. What was a deep and talented bench in August has been reduced to 2 players.

The Louisville game is exactly what we need right now. They're the perfect team to help Geno assess his team against a ranked quality opponent. If UConn is to remain ranked and elite, they can’t lose another game to an unranked opponent, and they need to be able to beat the likes of Louisville. They also need to even the score with South Carolina.

That’s not going to be easy. Boston is playing well right now as is her teammates. She had a16/16 game last week. An AVERAGE game for her, no big deal. They like to attack the basket and draw contact. They don’t have prolonged scoring droughts, and they don't beat themselves.
And when they miss they get an offensive board
Tough

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Dougie, the problem with your thought process is you're commenting like the NCAA tourney is next week. There's plenty of time for all these players to return and find or retake their spot in the rotation. Plus, we'll absolutely make the tourney, so no worries there. The defections are folks that weren't playing much anyway, so not really a big loss there. Leave the dark side and feel the force.
"defections"? Is that accurate? or necessary?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Very surprised almost no comments on the pregame pressers. :( :( :oops: :oops: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Things that stuck out in my mind

1) Geno really high on Dorka's practice and ability to turn her season around.
2) Caroline is almost too non affected if something does not go right on the floor
3) Geno saying E is the only guard dynamic guard with the ball.
4) Aaliyah was out a practice day and said she understands now why Geno can be so disappointed when watching practice. Maybe a tipping pt for her?

Livs presser was mostly boiler plate but Evina seemed very enthusiastic. I think she is now buying into needing to be the true leader with the ball in her hands. Always talks about how she will be in the WNBA next year so nice saying hello to a fellow WNBA' player in Pheesa. Funny line about Caroline. She said something on the court and that really surprised her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom