Geno to meet w/ media Friday 12/17 | The Boneyard

Geno to meet w/ media Friday 12/17

Reaction Score
The fact that Paige is out and about so soon after surgery is a good sign. Indicates the surgery itself was more on the minor side and 8 weeks is reasonable timeline.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Poor Aubrey. Backs are tricky and dibilatating.

Last edited:

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
After the Christmas break: we host Marquette on Dec. 29 and go to DePaul on Dec. 31.
Sound like [hopefully] we might see Azzi and Nika get some PT in those games....guard depth now a problem...might have a couple of more answers in that regard.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The last thing I want to be is “Dougie Downer, (Debbie’s brother). With all of the injuries and defections we've had, I’m beginning to think this may not be our year. SMH, Too many players hurt that could help that are out an extended period of time. What was a deep and talented bench in August has been reduced to 2 players.

The Louisville game is exactly what we need right now. They're the perfect team to help Geno assess his team against a ranked quality opponent. If UConn is to remain ranked and elite, they can’t lose another game to an unranked opponent, and they need to be able to beat the likes of Louisville. They also need to even the score with South Carolina.

That’s not going to be easy. Boston is playing well right now as is her teammates. She had a16/16 game last week. An AVERAGE game for her, no big deal. They like to attack the basket and draw contact. They don’t have prolonged scoring droughts, and they don't beat themselves.

Last edited:

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
The last thing I want to be is “Dougie Downer), (Debbie’s brother). With all of the injuries we have, and the defections, I’m beginning to think this may not be our year. SMH, Too many players hurt that could help. What was a deep and talented bench in August has been reduced to 2 players.

The Louisville game is exactly what we need right now. A great team to help Geno assess the team against a ranked quality opponent. If UConn is to remain ranked and elite, they can’t lose another game to an unranked opponent. They also need to even the score with South Carolina.

That’s not going to be easy. Boston is playing well right now as is her teammates. They like to attack the basket and draw contact. They don’t have prolonged scoring droughts.
Dougie, the problem with your thought process is you're commenting like the NCAA tourney is next week. There's plenty of time for all these players to return and find or retake their spot in the rotation. Plus, we'll absolutely make the tourney, so no worries there. The defections are folks that weren't playing much anyway, so not really a big loss there. Leave the dark side and feel the force.
Your inner Happy Golucky, the Yin to Dougie's Yang, would say that missing these key players is just the kick in the pants certain players needed. At least one has gotten the message and stepped up her practice.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
All I want for Christmas is ...

2021_11_7FortHaysTigersUConnWBB142.0.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members