Geno the Kind | The Boneyard

Geno the Kind

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Some of you may recall a thread I started about five weeks ago, announcing the death of a fervid Uconn women's basketball fan— my near-centenarian mother-in-law. Well, unbeknown to me, my wife sent a copy of it to Geno. In the mail today was a response from him, quoting some of the message I posted, and offering condolences. His last sentence: "We now know we have an angel watching our games."
Geno is tough guy? Yes, no doubt, but our family now has documentary evidence that he has a big heart beating under the wise-guy exterior.

Reaction Score
That's a wonderful story and well, well worth passing along to the rest of us. I think there have been numerous moments where Geno has quietly worked to be generous and kind. We know only the tip of the iceberg, if that.

Reaction Score
More so than many other coaches , Geno appreciates the team's fan base and fan support. It's especially special when he openly shows that he does .....such as in this instance!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno and Kathy know that to be philanthropic and not deluged it is best to be quiet about it. Just last week one of the commentators was referencing Geno in relation to Pat's Alzheimer's charity, then went on to say that few know what Geno and Kathy have done by way of charitable works. Yes, we have one of the good ones.

Reaction Score
Kind and diplomatic. He won't get sucked into personality wars. He feels responsible for maintaining any gains for WCBB that have been achieved under his watch. The parting words to Skylar Diggins tell the tale.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Some of you may recall a thread I started about five weeks ago, announcing the death of a fervid Uconn women's basketball fan— my near-centenarian mother-in-law. Well, unbeknown to me, my wife sent a copy of it to Geno. In the mail today was a response from him, quoting some of the message I posted, and offering condolences. His last sentence: "We now know we have an angel watching our games."
Geno is tough guy? Yes, no doubt, but our family now has documentary evidence that he has a big heart beating under the wise-guy exterior.
I'm glad your wife sent a copy of the story, or else I'd think Geno was reading the BY. Started to get a leeeeetle nervous.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom