Geno the Boomer is doing OK | The Boneyard

Geno the Boomer is doing OK

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Boomer, as in baby boomer, has become bit of modern derogatory slang. If a young person responds “OK Boomer” to something you said, most likely in a condescending tone of voice, you’ve just been insulted. But not so quick, millennials, the boomers are doing OK, including our favorite one.

Reaction Score
Nothing wrong with entertaining new methods, new approaches or alternate solutions.
As often said, “Doesn’t cost anything to listen”.

Reaction Score
You can't listen to a selfie of the person or the food they're eating.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Completely OT, but we hear a lot about Baffert out here, he graduated from Arizona (and was born about 60 miles south in the border city of Nogales).

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I have an identity crisis. I was literally born in 1945 just after the end of the war against Germany but before the end of the war against Japan. The generational definition of those born in 1945 before the end of WW2 is being part of the “silent generation”. Those born in 1945 after the end of the war makes one technically part
of the “baby boom” although some snobs use 1946 as the dividing line. But given my own confusing birth circumstances (thanks for that mom and dad) I’ve always wondered: Is there any such thing as a “ silent boom”, kinda like the tree in the forest thing?

And Happy Mother’s Day to all baby boom moms which includes my wife.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I have an identity crisis. I was literally born in 1945 just after the end of the war against Germany but before the end of the war against Japan. The generational definition of those born in 1945 before the end of WW2 is being part of the “silent generation”. Those born in 1945 after the end of the war makes one technically part
of the “baby boom” although some snobs use 1946 as the dividing line. But given my own confusing birth circumstances (thanks for that mom and dad) I’ve always wondered: Is there any such thing as a “ silent boom”, kinda like the tree in the forest thing?

And Happy Mother’s Day to all baby boom moms which includes my wife.
I think the issue is that younger people are quite convinced that boomers are not silent enough! And get off my lawn ,would ya.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
win the derby, or did he?
Kentucky Derby winner Medina Spirit fails post-race drug test (nypost.com)

'Another Baffert horse, Gamine, tested positive for betamethasone after last year’s Kentucky Oaks.'
with two, you get eggroll.

editorial comment: boomerbrain fears of everything have ruined the future for our youth.
'“I’m not a conspiracy theorist, I know everybody’s not out to get me, but there’s definitely something wrong,” Baffert said. “Why is it happening to me? There’s problems in racing, but it’s not Bob Baffert.”

Last edited:

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
The Original Boomer!

1043676931.0.x.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads