Geno Talks the Mercury Storm Series | The Boneyard

Geno Talks the Mercury Storm Series

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I don't think this is a repeat ....

Bird-Taurasi playoff matchup on Geno's watch list

"The other night before that last stretch of regulation, I got a text from my son, Mike, that said, 'D is about to go full D.' Two minutes later, it's going to overtime. If you've watched her play all these years, the ones who know her, they can see it coming."

Has a kind word for Stewie too:

"Her talent has always been off the charts. She's always been confident," Auriemma said. "But Stewie decided that having a body fueled on just skills is not the winning edge. Once she decided to take care of a diet, take care of her body and take it to another level with her conditioning, she could take full advantage of all of her talents. Now she's out there and she acts like she's the best player in the league."

Reaction Score
It is an extraordinary thing, this face off of UConn greats. May it be a show for the ages. I don't know if I have ever been so conflicted about the outcome of a game.
Couldn't agree more...while I want the Storm to win a championship that will cement Birdie even more as the best PG of all time and start the Stewie championship runs...i'll be fine with the Mercury and the Goat going all the way...

Reaction Score
I have to root for D for no other reason than I don't want her perfect "game on the line" record snapped. I believe that she is 13-0 in WNBA winner take all games. (22-1 in college). Otherwise I would probably want SB to win another one.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I have to root for D for no other reason than I don't want her perfect "game on the line" record snapped. I believe that she is 13-0 in WNBA winner take all games. (22-1 in college). Otherwise I would probably want SB to win another one.

The pressure of that 13 - 0 would be enormous for us mere mortals, but I do believe D when she says "no pressure", this is what you have worked your whole life for; you're here, have fun, go do it.

So, maybe deadspin has it right. https://deadspin.com/diana-taurasi-just-doesnt-lose-when-it-matters-1828575419

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
OBTW an AZCentral look at D in game 5. I tend to agree.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...-wnba-playoffs-seattle-storm-wnba/1185203002/

"The conclusion to draw is not that the Mercury won't win Game 5 with Taurasi scoring big. Rather that her more valuable role could be as a playmaker, especially when it comes to having the 6-9 Griner fully engaged and dominant down low against a team that tops out with 6-4 Breanna Stewart."

If D gets a few early buckets and then goes all playmaker on Seattle, it could be lights out.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If Phoenix wins tonight, Seattle may be more interested in a big via trade or the draft. Calling Kiah Stokes.

Reaction Score
Under comments the one poster summed it up correctly, find a way to get someone like Kiah Stokes, also getting a true point guard like Moriah who looks for teammates first and not her own shot. Seattle will never win a championship with Canada as the point guard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom