Geno Surgery Successful - But out indefinitely | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno Surgery Successful - But out indefinitely

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Correct
It depends. Carnac included suspension in his question - when CVS was suspended for one game by the NCAA some years ago, the NCAA credited that win to Carlene Mitchell.

Typically, you are correct and your OK win will be credited to Geno, as were all other games he missed in the past. Vivian's was on a leave at the end of last year, and those wins were credited to her, as well.

When a coach goes on a longer hiatus - for example, Sylvia when she was having cancer treatments and missed the season - it seems to be a gray area. She got that seasons records, but many thought it was unfair. Carnac is correct about Tara and the Olympic Team, the co-head coaches, Amy Tucker and Marianne Stanley got the credit for that season.

Reaction Score
I'm just glad he's out of surgery and it went well. Anytime someone of our age goes under anesthesia and under the knife it is major surgery. Now it's rest, antibiotics, and monitoring. Get well general.
Intestinal surgery isn't kid play. Diverticulitis turns to ---losis and infection often sections are removed. Again not like pulling a tooth. The intestines aren't the cleanest part of the body.
You are right @JordyG rest, recover, no hurry. CD is a great coach.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Intestinal surgery isn't kid play. Diverticulitis turns to ---losis and infection often sections are removed. Again not like pulling a tooth. The intestines aren't the cleanest part of the body.
Amen.

Reaction Score
A friend of mine was at Cafe Aura this evening and Geno was at the next table. He appeared to be in great shape and was enjoying some wine with dinner .... all good signs.

FairView: very happy to read this encouraging report. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Diverticulosis is the condition ..... my doctor says 25% of the male population over 50 has the condition.

Diverticulitis is the infection.

I have had several attacks of diverticulitis treated with flagyl and antibiotics - amoxicyllin (sp) or fluroquinine. My situation has never occasioned a recommendation of surgery which I believe is true for most people. The pain is debilitating and can last for several days if not weeks.

A work mate in his 30's had a severe attack and they did a general renovation that required a colostomy. The colostomy was reversed some 3 months later.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Diverticulosis is the condition ..... my doctor says 25% of the male population over 50 has the condition.
Not just men, though. I know a women in her 40's who was stricken severely and had a bag for months. I'm very happy yet amazed that she has made a complete recovery.

Reaction Score
FAIRVIEW: This is a PS to my earlier comment about your encouraging note re spotting Coach and the good sign of his drinking wine at supper. Now that I've thought about it between Bowl Games, I think he probably drinks wine with breakfast, eh?

Reaction Score

Diverticulitis is the infection.

I have had several attacks of diverticulitis treated with flagyl and antibiotics - amoxicyllin (sp) or fluroquinine. My situation has never occasioned a recommendation of surgery which I believe is true for most people. The pain is debilitating and can last for several days if not weeks.

A work mate in his 30's had a severe attack and they did a general renovation that required a colostomy. The colostomy was reversed some 3 months later.
itis is the medical extension that reflects an inflammation. The inflammation is usually because of an infection.
Losis, you are correct is the condition of the pockets or out pouching of the intestine. True most American males have it due to their diet and of ten when it occurs a diet change is expected. Often that is a bran type diet that allows the intestines to do their job of pushing the bran through and cleaning the intestine pouching that is not a normal condition
When the infection is severe enough surgery, sectioning, is required. Most often however not even antibiotic are required only a diet change.
I suspect Geno's surgery was the inspection of the intestines for diverticulitis not any more than that.. Colonoscopy.

Reaction Score

I understand that Geno requested that his insides be cleansed in Giuseppe Quintarelli Amarone Dell Valpolicella before he was stitched up..................that should take care of any possible infections............. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
A colonsocopy is outpatient surgery. for each that I have had I checked in at 7 and was on the road home between 10 and 11.

I had a sigmoidoscopy that was done in the doctor's office. I'll take the colonoscopy please.

the fact that he checked in the night before and stayed one or two nights in the hospital means he had some work done.

And I wish him all the best and a speedy recovery.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
He will be out and about in couple of weeks. I had the same surgery when I was 75, and was up walking the next day. Also, I am sure they did it laparoscopically, which means no big scar to heal or scar tissue. Five small (1 inch) cuts is all it takes. I had 22 inches of my colon removed and spliced back together. Prediction, he will be back for Jan 2nd game. Geno is tough.
Geno is going to be on the bench Jan 2nd, for the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom