Geno Speech to Chamber of Commerce - Not to be missed | The Boneyard

Geno Speech to Chamber of Commerce - Not to be missed

Reaction Score
Geno a most gifted and entertaining speaker, but not to the audience to which we are accustom. Don't miss it.

The chamber speeches end at 17:15. Then Geno is given a great introduction. Geno is at the podium at 21:40. Also of interest in a different video is Sue Bird talking to the same group.

Reaction Score
Something like $1.5M of his salary is paid for these community outreach talks. Geno's been making CoC talks for years and knocking them out of the park. Really, one of the best semi-off-the-cuff speakers around. I'm surprised that he doesn't go on a professional speaker's circuit (or maybe he does and we don't know about it; or maybe his UConn contract limits it). Because, he could double his income without breaking a sweat.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Just think how much Fox or ESPN would pay him if he was willing to host a 1-3 hour daily TV Show. Giving speeches once or twice a month for $50K+ would be easier and enable him more time for Golf or the Beach. :) While I don't agree with all of Geno's political positions, he is able to speak on a myriad of topics as well as leadership traits.

Something like $1.5M of his salary is paid for these community outreach talks. Geno's been making CoC talks for years and knocking them out of the park. Really, one of the best semi-off-the-cuff speakers around. I'm surprised that he doesn't go on a professional speaker's circuit (or maybe he does and we don't know about it; or maybe his UConn contract limits it). Because, he could double his income without breaking a sweat.

Reaction Score
Just think how much Fox or ESPN would pay him if he was willing to host a 1-3 hour daily TV Show. Giving speeches once or twice a month for $50K+ would be easier and enable him more time for Golf or the Beach. :) While I don't agree with all of Geno's political positions, he is able to speak on a myriad of topics as well as leadership traits.
Well, don't go round putting crazy ideas into his head now. We like him just fine zachly where he is right now.;)

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting that video!
Outside of CT most WBB schools and fans don't understand Geno Auriemma, they think he's just a cocky Italian BB coach. But I have never seen a more successful big-time coach that GETS IT, his sport, his life, his role, as Geno does everyday! This season was one of the best coaching jobs done in any sport at any time, in the history of sports in America, even without winning a Championship!
I have the utmost respect and admiration and awe for Geno Auriemma!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Ditto Wbbfan1!!!

Reaction Score
Because, Geno is MORE than the UCONN coach, he is the ambassador for women's basketball, Title IX, the National Team, The Olympics, the WNBA, all of it. And, as the spokesperson for so many, for so much, he is careful not to diminish the Uconn brand an/or the aspirations of all girls and women athletes, amateur or professional who, like it or not, have to compete with the more popular men players, the one and dunners who have won the lottery the ladies have yet to win. That inequality being said, I believe the four-year character education the Huskies achieve, along with their college degrees, transcends the big-money boys club. For that, we thank their parents, C.D. and Geno, the gift that keeps on giving.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom