Geno speaking about Paige Now | The Boneyard

Geno speaking about Paige Now

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I was fooled by the title of this thread. This is an excerpt from the longer interview Geno gave at the GHO a while back. It's a good clip and really encouraging.
This is the best she's ever been: Geno. That's music to my ears. :D It sounds like we're in for a real treat this year, folks. It's taking forever for the summer to pass, and the fall to arrive. That's ok because our girls are not quite ready to begin preseason play. Once the season begins, it always seems to go by like a blur. :confused: November will eventually get here, and when it does..............let the good times roll. I expect to see some "old school " UConn WBB. :cool:

Reaction Score
This is the best she's ever been: Geno. That's music to my ears. :D It sounds like we're in for a real treat this year, folks. It's taking forever for the summer to pass, and the fall to arrive. That's ok because our girls are not quite ready to begin preseason play. Once the season begins, it always seems to go by like a blur. :confused: November will eventually get here, and when it does..............let the good times roll. I expect to see some "old school " UConn WBB. :cool:
Music to mine too. But Geno said this about last summer as well. Yikes!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I thought this would be the case. I said when she was on the bench recuperating that she'd gain a new mental perspective of the game, analyze it more. The Coach P thing was a good joke, but most good jokes have a modicum of truth to them.

When I was a little more serious about music, I'd sometimes get busy and not play for a few weeks, but the music was always revolving in my head. I found when I got back to practicing every day, I'd never lost a beat, and much of the time I was where I'd have been if I'd been playing every day, because I was really playing in my head. (We're talking dulcimer here, definitely not the flute, where even a couple of days off can be disastrous.)

Reaction Score
Paige did not come to UCONN as the highest touted player in UCONN's history and and after one great year that Paige lived up to all that was expected of her and flame out like she did. Now Paige will show everyone who she is and how great she is by being the comeback player of the year and the face of Women's College BB. GO PAIGE!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
If healthy, P. Buckets is the best player in the nation. Book it!
Useless, bloated comments are not the answer. Nobody knows how Paige's knee will hold up under stress and strain. Will she go all-out or will she have the subliminal apprehension about getting hurt again? That is the big question as time moves on. Will she be mentally and physically fragile or carefree like her freshman season?

Reaction Score
Useless, bloated comments are not the answer. Nobody knows how Paige's knee will hold up under stress and strain. Will she go all-out or will she have the subliminal apprehension about getting hurt again? That is the big question as time moves on. Will she be mentally and physically fragile or carefree like her freshman season?
No comment is « the answer. » We are fans expressing our opinions. Calling someone’s comment useless and bloated seems unnecessary.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Greater Hartford Open. At times Sammy Davis Jr. had his name included, at other times Canon. At times neither.

Before that it was the ICO. On the off chance you are also drawing a blank on that one, Insurance City Open.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Greater Hartford Open. At times Sammy Davis Jr. had his name included, at other times Canon. At times neither.

Before that it was the ICO. On the off chance you are also drawing a blank on that one, Insurance City Open.
To be very technical, between the GHO and the Travelers Championship, I believe for 3 years it was called the Buick Championship.

Reaction Score
If healthy, P. Buckets is the best player in the nation. Book it!
I love Paige but if you put her in with Caitlin Clark I don't think you would have anyone outside of the Boneyard picking Paige. It reminds me of when people were saying Jordan was the same as other players when he was clearly head and shoulders above all others. The thing that really hurts CC is she stayed in Iowa instead of going and playing for a team with historical relevance. Without her Iowa was a 500 team at best and with her almost won a title. Kind of similar to when Larry Bird played at Indiana State.

Reaction Score
Paige did not come to UCONN as the highest touted player in UCONN's history and and after one great year that Paige lived up to all that was expected of her and flame out like she did. Now Paige will show everyone who she is and how great she is by being the comeback player of the year and the face of Women's College BB. GO PAIGE!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!
I don't remember any player at UCONN or outside of UCONN that was hyped more than Paige was while in HS. I agree that she was an amazing player her freshman year and will be again. But this team should be way better than the team she had as a freshman. In fact this might be the best team they have ever had but all the other teams out there are better too.

Reaction Score
That seems a bit harsh! Additionally, the comment was far from bloated. In fact, it was succinct and to the point.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
What ever happened to The Canon Sammy Davis Jr. Greater Hartford Open? ;)
It was called that for a brief period in the mid to late 1980's.

I`m thinking the moderators are probably not wild about the golf tournament history trivia.

Reaction Score
I love Paige but if you put her in with Caitlin Clark I don't think you would have anyone outside of the Boneyard picking Paige. It reminds me of when people were saying Jordan was the same as other players when he was clearly head and shoulders above all others. The thing that really hurts CC is she stayed in Iowa instead of going and playing for a team with historical relevance. Without her Iowa was a 500 team at best and with her almost won a title. Kind of similar to when Larry Bird played at Indiana State.
I read a fair amount of non-UConn basketball news, and there are others, including journalists, who believe that it is possible that Paige could be the POY again. Geno says she is playing better than ever. We’ll soon see if that’s true. I do like Caitlin, though.

Reaction Score
To be very technical, between the GHO and the Travelers Championship, I believe for 3 years it was called the Buick Championship.

I think Shakespeare said something about names.

It used to be called the British Open but in a egoistic moment the R & A decided it was now "The Open Championship" and admonish those who don't agree with it's paramount status. If British Open was good enough for Henry Longworth and Ben Wright then it's what I'm going to continue to call it.

That tournament in Cromwell is the GHO to me and I played there when it was called Edgewood Golf Course

Reaction Score

This is great news. Hope her physical issues are sorted out. I think Geno just might be careful phasing her in to the early season games to see how she recovers game by game. A pleasure to watch when she's in the zone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom