Geno Speaketh | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno Speaketh

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I believe that if I were the best HS player in the nation two years ago, and had played a full season under UCONN coaching, I could make an uncontested lay-up if I had bubonic plague.
Ltfan, I know there is nothing Geno or, apparently, you hate more than missed layups. But truth be told, I remember everyone including Sue, DT, Maya, Stewie and Lou missing a layup or two, or three during their time in Storrs.

I hate to see it myself, and Wednesday night there was a bushel full of missed shots in Norman. Ugly game, but the Huskies won. No doubt UConn will work on shooting drills between now and the Cal game.

Reaction Score
Agreement. I especially expect the OU defense to be repeated. Quick, determined players are needed.
Add to a good game plan, excellent execution you must add that OU shot their brains out. Early on the Zone stretched out a bit did have a defensive effect until good dribble driving scorers were not stopped. OU is a team of Frosh and sophs. Does not mean they can't play. UConn could not get their valued fastbreak game going. Years ago Sherri admonished her team to not let UConn turn that game into a UConn Layup drill--it seems she may have used that again and for the most part they didn't.
We seem to forget other teams also play to win and play to stop. Sometimes with excellent UConn talent UConn has troubles--I site the Ms UC game or UC--ND game last april as examples. Even Geno in Ms St game had no adjustment to fix Napheesa or Gabby inability to score when needed. Some of that messy stuff just happens--human's cant fix everything all the time That's why the game is played!! Loved it.
Would love to see other teams repeat the OU defense. They had no height and limited foot speed and gave UConn more missed layups and open 3 points then I remember in 20+ years. Give me those shots against any team and I'll take my chances.

Reaction Score
Ltfan, I know there is nothing Geno or, apparently, you hate more than missed layups. But truth be told, I remember everyone including Sue, DT, Maya, Stewie and Lou missing a layup or two, or three during their time in Storrs.

I hate to see it myself, and Wednesday night there was a bushel full of missed shots in Norman. Ugly game, but the Huskies won. No doubt UConn will work on shooting drills between now and the Cal game.
And...just sayin'... but there were many missed bunnies in the OU game...and many by people OTHER than MW..... we need to take the win and move on and lighten up!!! :);):cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom