Geno Show - Anybody Watch? | The Boneyard

Geno Show - Anybody Watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So, gottah admit, just watched it and I know there is a lot of coaching philosophy and cryptic Genoisms sprinkled through it, but it prompted no thread? Not even the terribly poignant shot behind the narrative about 3 minutes in? Lots of hints dropped by the ruler of all he surveys.

okay, truth, only reason to watch this show is Ms. Burke :cool::cool:

Not really. Loved the brief segment on stealing ideas - not a surprise with Geno, but the sources surprised me.

I'm trying to figure out how we can send DVDs of the Geno show to every kid playing basketball above the age of 11 (? too late) in a really surreptitious way, maybe in boxes of Ma & Cheese? Only, we wouldn't send it to the Nasheville area codes maybe, huh?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So, gottah admit, just watched it and I know there is a lot of coaching philosophy and cryptic Genoisms sprinkled through it, but it prompted no thread? Not even the terribly poignant shot behind the narrative about 3 minutes in? Lots of hints dropped by the ruler of all he surveys.

okay, truth, only reason to watch this show is Ms. Burke :cool::cool:

Not really. Loved the brief segment on stealing ideas - not a surprise with Geno, but the sources surprised me.

I'm trying to figure out how we can send DVDs of the Geno show to every kid playing basketball above the age of 11 (? too late) in a really surreptitious way, maybe in boxes of Ma & Cheese? Only, we wouldn't send it to the Nasheville area codes maybe, huh?
Great thing about SNY is that it is available in every town in America and I got to believe serious WBB players who do not get SNY in their own home have friends they rely on to tape the games and the All Access and Geno shows. If you play the game seriously why wouldn't you check out the top team and top coach in the country at every opportunity?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Great thing about SNY is that it is available in every town in America and I got to believe serious WBB players who do not get SNY in their own home have friends they rely on to tape the games and the All Access and Geno shows. If you play the game seriously why wouldn't you check out the top team and top coach in the country at every opportunity?

Still, in all, and in the interest of thoroughness, don't you think we could have one of our tech guru members embed it as spyware into Justin Bieber's home page and such... just in the interest of thoroughness?? Or, should a follower of the Bieb be disqualified as a potential recruit type?

Reaction Score
I wish that SNY would stream.
I wholeheartedly agree. The high rise condo development that I recently moved to does not allow satellite dishes. Time Warner cable does not offer SNY in So. California. I truly wish I could watch SNY content. I really enjoyed the Geno Show and other SNY Uconn programming back when we had Directv.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Still, in all, and in the interest of thoroughness, don't you think we could have one of our tech guru members embed it as spyware into Justin Bieber's home page and such... just in the interest of thoroughness?? Or, should a follower of the Bieb be disqualified as a potential recruit type?
That's hilarious. I can't picture top WBB players being interested in the Bieb.

Reaction Score
The present Geno shows are so much better than the cptv version with Meghan fawning over her friend Geno. Kerith does a terrific job and her questions are sometimes the ones I want to ask. I also love that she has quite a few player interviews sprinkled in there. I think SNY and Kerith are terrific. I hate though that Kara Wolters is being wasted. She is a very good analyst and she is only on for maybe a couple of months of the season.

Reaction Score
The present Geno shows are so much better than the cptv version with Meghan fawning over her friend Geno. Kerith does a terrific job and her questions are sometimes the ones I want to ask. I also love that she has quite a few player interviews sprinkled in there. I think SNY and Kerith are terrific. I hate though that Kara Wolters is being wasted. She is a very good analyst and she is only on for maybe a couple of months of the season.
I actually like the old show. No commercials, just 45 minutes of Geno. Plus viewers could write in and ask questions. Granted SNY has a prettier younger interviewer, fancier graphics/production value, those great local bank commercials every five minutes, but I'd rather sit through a few ho ho hos from Meg than another segment about Kaleena's favorite color or something silly like that. I do like the Geno's Legacy and All-Access shows, and the coverage in general, just not sure today's Geno Show is that much better than the one from five years ago.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
That's hilarious. I can't picture top WBB players being interested in the Bieb.

Only use I figure he is good for is a public service message about the dangers of drug use. I would think the frozen stupor face akin to that of a perp photo in his new undies ad would have no appeal, but yeah, that was my intent, to suggest someone ridiculous and funny.

Reaction Score
I thought Doty was holding a Bieber CD when they made the Call Me Maybe video a few years ago, so I guess WCBB players do like him!

Reaction Score
It's great watching all the UCONN tv coverage. The Chong/Stokes dramas, watching Geno getting P'd off even though the team is winning by 25 points etc, etc , etc...love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom