Geno says UConn will beat the Irish next time | The Boneyard

Geno says UConn will beat the Irish next time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Smart coach,building confidence,not passing blame,showing his team and fans he believes in them,and I agree with what he has said.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
How much mental energy would it take out of UCONN if they were to have to play ND in the semis? Would a win against ND take such a huge mental toll out of the players that the next game could be a letdown? I've seen this happen in tennis so many times where the underdog uses so much energy to knock off one player that they are mentally exhausted in the next game.

That is the real down side if UCONN and ND are matched up in the semis. And it could be the same for ND should they beat UCONN.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
How much mental energy would it take out of UCONN if they were to have to play ND in the semis? Would a win against ND take such a huge mental toll out of the players that the next game could be a letdown? I've seen this happen in tennis so many times where the underdog uses so much energy to knock off one player that they are mentally exhausted in the next game.

That is the real down side if UCONN and ND are matched up in the semis. And it could be the same for ND should they beat UCONN.

No problem. UConn can handle Stanford in the championship game.

:p

Reaction Score
No problem. UConn can handle Stanford in the championship game.

:p
I would prefer to play N.D. in the semi and Baylor in the final. UCONN doesn't need the baloney that they didn't beat the best team for the N.C. I say bring on the big dogs and let's play.... win or lose.

Reaction Score

I'm not so sure...the pent up emotion of beating Notre Dame...no matter how it's done...could be just the tonic for this team...

Reaction Score
What did you expect Geno to say? We've been close, but poor judgement at critical times cost us, along with poor foul shooting. If Stewie plays well and Hartley gets under control and Moriah sits next to Geno and KML is on and Kelly plays under control our TO's will be under 10 and we will beat anyone- including ND.

Reaction Score
Here's to leading with confidence:

Link
It is just my opinion but Geno is calculating. I am not saying he ever loses a game on purpose but to me he is willing to give one up now and then to win one later. This to teach a lesson.

By this I mean if you found one little thing to beat the few teams that could beat you because of talent why expose it during the regular season?

Take the loss and go for the ring........

Reaction Score
It is just my opinion but Geno is calculating. I am not saying he ever loses a game on purpose but to me he is willing to give one up now and then to win one later. This to teach a lesson.

By this I mean if you found one little thing to beat the few teams that could beat you because of talent why expose it during the regular season?

I don't know about Geno giving one up-doubt that! But, I feel really sure that UConn will beat ND if they meet again this season. Their "luck" is about to run out. As a sidenote, all my friends [and I] would love to see Sky cry!!!

Reaction Score

I actually feel its the exact opposite and if ND and UCONN met up and UCONN wins there confidence would be sky high for the Championship. After getting that monkey off their back they will feel like they could probably beat the Miami Heat.

Reaction Score
I don't know about Geno giving one up-doubt that! But, I feel really sure that UConn will beat ND if they meet again this season. Their "luck" is about to run out. As a sidenote, all my friends [and I] would love to see Sky cry!!!

I would as well. Supposedly after the BE Championship Diggins and Achonwa screamed at Geno and the UCONN bench "this is our house". No better place to shut them up!!!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

It's hard to know if you found that "one little thing" if you don't test it. Call me crazy but I use it and prove it and then use it again.

Reaction Score
It's hard to know if you found that "one little thing" if you don't test it. Call me crazy but I use it and prove it and then use it again.
I like that and I am sure Geno would also. Would love to have you at a local poker game if you are ever in the area. Bring cash, and I do not mean Swin........

Reaction Score
Perhaps he meant "beating the Irish" literally. I mean after all he is Italian. You know ruff them up a bit before the next game. ;)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Classic Geno when talking about the ND game at the Middlesex County Chamber Breakfast. Everyone has turned on him:

“My mother hasn’t called me back for three days since we lost to Notre Dame,” Aureimma told the crowd. “She asked me if there was a chance we’d play them again at the Final Four.

“I said, ‘Well, if we get there, maybe. She said, ‘I no want to go there.’ When you’re mother turns on you, you know things are not good.’”

***​
“My players haven’t spoken to me since the game ended. My coaches haven’t spoken to me, either. They left to go recruiting. So I’ve kind of been by myself in my office,” Auriemma said.

***​
“That’s when it dawned on me that my job is to put my players in the best possible position in those last 18.6 seconds,” Auriemma said. “I didn’t do that. And when I told them that I had let them down, I was expecting them, or at least two or three of them, to say, ‘Nah coach.’

“Instead they all went ‘uh huh’ and nodded their heads.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak