Geno Says it Will Not Last Forever and He is Right | The Boneyard

Geno Says it Will Not Last Forever and He is Right

Reaction Score
As long as the name above the UCONN Women's Basketball Coaches Office says Geno Auriemma, they will continue to be the most dominant sports program in America. Then, it is on to history. What Geno and CD have done at UCONN will never be repeated. It is historical. With the exception of Genghis Khan and his empire, UCONN is the most dominate entity that has existed on Earth. It completely destroys everything in its path, if it is functioning property.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
As long as the name above the UCONN Women's Basketball Coaches Office says Geno Auriemma, they will continue to be the most dominant sports program in America. Then, it is on to history. What Geno and CD have done at UCONN will never be repeated. It is historical. With the exception of Genghis Khan and his empire, UCONN is the most dominate entity that has existed on Earth. It completely destroys everything in its path, if it is functioning property.
Well, Alexander the Great did pretty well in his day. :cool::D

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So @xoxxox , you were the guy in the chariot behind the guy who was the guy?

asdsfdhhgjhgv.jpg

In Ancient Rome, a slave would continuously whisper 'Remember you are mortal' in the ears of victorious generals as they were paraded through the streets after coming home, triumphant, from battle

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Agreed. To your point, if another program does come along to rival Geno's, it won't be in our lifetime. Under Geno, UConn has amassed some records that will never be tied or eclipsed. If you can think of several sports records off the top of your head that will never be broken, you can add some of Geno's most notables to that list.

You can begin with the 111 Consecutive game win streak and go from there. If someone were to comprise a "Mount Rushmore" of sports records that will never be broken, I don't know if the 111 game win streak would be selected as one of the 4, but it would definitely qualify for consideration. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno Auriemma: UConn's Dominance Won't Last Forever, So Appreciate It

This one is OK. This year's version of the jerk baseball writer from Boston.

"Time off also apparently allowed for Auriemma to get back to Twitter. His only tweet of 2018 had been Jan. 17 – about the Eagles. On Wednesday, he sent three tweets in a span of 29 minutes.

His first said, “You know how you can tell how successful someone is? Just check and see how much they criticize those that are. Guarantee they come up short in their careers and envy those that succeed. #Icouldbewrong”

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
What thing built or accomplished by human beings comes with a guarantee of perpetual greatness? Or for that matter, even an assurance of perpetual existance?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IF I'm the Voters to start next season, I have Baylor as the #1 Team in the country, regardless of what happens at the end of this season. It was the 2012/13 Season the last time UConn didn't start out the Season as the #1 Ranked Team. Baylor was Ranked #1. at the start of the 2012/13 Season.

Will Texas, ND, Louisville and possibly Stanford and/or Oregon if they have a great tournament be ranked above UConn at the beginning of next year?

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
IF I'm the Voters to start next season, I have Baylor as the #1 Team in the country, regardless of what happens at the end of this season. It was the 2012/13 Season the last time UConn didn't start out the Season as the #1 Ranked Team. Baylor was Ranked #1. at the start of the 2012/13 Season.

Will Texas, ND, Louisville and possibly Stanford if they have a great tournament be ranked above UConn at the beginning of next year?
If UConn wins it all this year, with Lou, Pheesa, Z, Crystal and MW coming back, and CW, ONO & possibly Ezi coming in, you can be certain the Huskies will be#1 at the start of next season.

Reaction Score

Will Texas, ND, Louisville and possibly Stanford and/or Oregon if they have a great tournament be ranked above UConn at the beginning of next year?

It was just last year (2016-17) UConn was not the Preseason #1 ranked team in the AP Top 25 (#3)..although USA Today did have UConn at #1. I'm sure the reason was the Stewart, Jefferson and Tuck graduated.

Reaction Score
If UConn wins it all this year, with Lou, Pheesa, Z, Crystal and MW coming back, and CW, ONO & possibly Ezi coming in, you can be certain the Huskies will be#1 at the start of next season.
Hmmm....the first four could be mentioned as Pre-Season All American candidates, and Baylor as #1 at the start of the season? Not gonna happen! And, where is TonyC when you need him? :eek:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
What thing built or accomplished by human beings comes with a guarantee of perpetual greatness? Or for that matter, even an assurance of perpetual existance?
Right you are! Just ask Ozymandias. :)

Reaction Score
Very disappointed to learn that we are not going to have a thousand year reich.:eek:

Reaction Score
Prediction: Huskies get little 2019 production early in year from frosh and only a little more from sophs = early season losses = multiple Boneyard nervous breakdowns = Geno/CD work out kinks throughout year = 13th National Championship

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Wouldn't this be a better question at the end of the month?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Prediction: Huskies get little 2019 production early in year from frosh and only a little more from sophs = early season losses = multiple Boneyard nervous breakdowns = Geno/CD work out kinks throughout year = 13th National Championship
I don’t disagree with your prediction, particularly when UConn will have early season OOC games on the road vs Baylor & ND, and a late season trip to Louisville.

But you know, I felt the same way before this season relative to road games vs UCLA, TX and SC, and yet, somehow the Huskies figure it out.

Reaction Score

Roman Empire?

Godzilla? ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom