GENO ON Z | The Boneyard

GENO ON Z

Reaction Score
I love these interviews with Geno. He actually shares a good amount of what he sees and feels. He's also got a great sense of humor. I also rarely find him (or his players) arrogant or super impressed with who they are or what they've accomplished.
Bronx23

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
With regards to Pheesa, he said she put a lot of pressure on herself early in the season and when things didn't go as well, she didn't focus on all the other things she "should" be able to do well. But she's gotten way better since January. He said it's tough to read her because she does not emote on the court.

With regards to Z, he said they spent a big chunk of practice getting her to understand that she needs to be in places where she can dominate the game. Her shooting percentage is almost 60%. From the 3 point line it's "negative 1,472%" so "we need to get her into spots where she can dominate a game, but she needs to be the one to say "coach - i want to go here, get me the ball and I will score". Z doesn't have that mentality - she's too laid back. "

Talked about the importance of having Crystal in the game - and that we need 3 guards on the floor. When you have Z, Pheesa and Gabby on the floor at he same time, they get in each other's way. He mentioned how poorly the team looked when Crystal is not on the floor. "it's gotten better recently, but we are way better with her on the floor".

"Crystal is not going to get better physically if we keep pounding on ti for an hour and half every day, so the more rest we can give her, the more experience the team can get without her". Even after resting, when she gets back in, the flow immediately improves and there's no disruption from her rest. She feels like her timing is off a bit so they ask her to impact in other ways instead of scoring. She gave Geno some sass at the practice - something about her knowing more than him and Geno said "I checked the stat sheet after L'ville and SC - maybe they got it wrong but you were 2-20 so... and that put her back in her place where she belongs". LOL...

Reaction Score
With regards to Pheesa, he said she put a lot of pressure on herself early in the season and when things didn't go as well, she didn't focus on all the other things she "should" be able to do well. But she's gotten way better since January. He said it's tough to read her because she does not emote on the court.

With regards to Z, he said they spent a big chunk of practice getting her to understand that she needs to be in places where she can dominate the game. Her shooting percentage is almost 60%. From the 3 point line it's "negative 1,472%" so "we need to get her into spots where she can dominate a game, but she needs to be the one to say "coach - i want to go here, get me the ball and I will score". Z doesn't have that mentality - she's too laid back. "

Talked about the importance of having Crystal in the game - and that we need 3 guards on the floor. When you have Z, Pheesa and Gabby on the floor at he same time, they get in each other's way. He mentioned how poorly the team looked when Crystal is not on the floor. "it's gotten better recently, but we are way better with her on the floor".

"Crystal is not going to get better physically if we keep pounding on ti for an hour and half every day, so the more rest we can give her, the more experience the team can get without her". Even after resting, when she gets back in, the flow immediately improves and there's no disruption from her rest. She feels like her timing is off a bit so they ask her to impact in other ways instead of scoring. She gave Geno some sass at the practice - something about her knowing more than him and Geno said "I checked the stat sheet after L'ville and SC - maybe they got it wrong but you were 2-20 so... and that put her back in her place where she belongs". LOL...
Just a question for Geno - now resting Crystal and KLS in practices and Crystal in games. When up 30 in early season games (i.e. issues known but before they became severe), was there any thought then in giving them more rest?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom