Geno On Transfers & Freshmen | The Boneyard

Geno On Transfers & Freshmen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Auriemma also spoke about the recovery process of freshmen Napheesa Collier and Katie Lou Samuelson.

"Nothing has changed," Auriemma said. "Lou's doing some stuff. Pheesa's doing some stuff, neither of them are playing full court, there is no need to as this point. Pheesa is going to take a little longer.
both of those guys are great competitors, they want to play. it is hard to hold them back, it is a long summer, long season so nobody is in a hurry to push these guys."

He also spoke about UConn legend Nykesha Sales taking a job as an assistant coach at Central Florida.

"I haven't met too many people as good as Nykesha," Auriemma said. "She is a unique individual, a special human being who I would trust Nykesha with anything."

Reaction Score
I think Coach Geno really illuminated a great deal about accepting all those transfers:

"It might just be circumstances, just the right people, the right time...This one just happened to be right for whatever reason. They are kids that we know, kids that play a position that there doesn't seem to be a lot of coming out of high school so all the elements were there... We were involved with Batouly coming out of high school so we know about her more than somebody else. With Azura', it is more with I got a chance to see her a little bit in the summer with USA Basketball. We recruited Svetlana (Abrosimova) over the phone, sometimes you have to go with your gut feeling and hope you are right
It was all good.

"A lot of it is gut instinct."

So Coach Geno went with his gut. No change in the landscape of WCBB. No change in philosophy. He just felt that with these kids at this time, it was right.

Thanks for the link. Fascinating.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Auriemma also spoke about the recovery process of freshmen Napheesa Collier and Katie Lou Samuelson. . . . "Lou's doing some stuff. Pheesa's doing some stuff, neither of them are playing full court, there is no need to as this point.

OK, that settles it. Lou and Pheesa. Andi en route. Names are so much more appealing than abbreviations (e.g., KLS, AES, NC).:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom