Geno on the recruiting trail | The Boneyard

Geno on the recruiting trail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Geno's in DC today at the USJN tourney. Has already watched Boo Williams which I suspect is more Megan Walker recruiting, and also apparently checking out Janai Crooms, a 2018 combo guard from Rhode Island.

More info later if it becomes available.

Reaction Score
Geno's in DC today at the USJN tourney. Has already watched Boo Williams which I suspect is more Megan Walker recruiting, and also apparently checking out Janai Crooms, a 2018 combo guard from Rhode Island.

More info later if it becomes available.

Sure looks like Doug Bruno sitting with Geno...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Geno may have been watching more than just Janai Crooms in that game today. Kysre Gondrezick plays for the other team, Michigan Crossover and she re-tweeted the tweet above. Forgot all about her, but I thought UConn was off her list.

Reaction Score
Geno may have been watching more than just Janai Crooms in that game today. Kysre Gondrezick plays for the other team, Michigan Crossover and she re-tweeted the tweet above. Forgot all about her, but I thought UConn was off her list.
The only real "list" I've seen from her was from last summer and that one (which was supposedly her finalists) had UConn on it. As recently as March there was an article saying she had a UConn offer (which some dispute). But if she had a list of finalists, that didn't stop her from visiting Michigan recently and picking up an offer. Her recruiting situation is publicly murky—not at all unusual for Crossover players.

Reaction Score
My daughter's team is at the tournament and a few UConn commits are here so Geno will probably be watching them play as well as looking at the uncommited players you guys already mentioned. Kyla Irwin and Andra Espinoza-Hunter are here. Molly Bent's RI Breakers team is here but she is not. Not sure of the reason, if I see her team playing again at some point I'll try and find out why.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Thanks for the info UConnCat.

According to Blue Star, Grace Berger was receiving interest from Louisville and South Carolina two years ago when she was in 8th grade. And Blue Star ranks Robinson 16th in her class.

Mark Lewis of Blue Star watched Blair Green play in June at the EBA Super 64:

Blair Green – 2018 – 6-0 – Wing – Harlan, KentuckyWell coached player with a deep skill set…Nice size on the perimeter…Active with and without the ball…Cuts with intent…Ballhandling is efficient and passing is well read…Jumper is in place as well as a pull up off the drive…Can and will post up…Seals aggressively and knows what to do with the ball…Has a very tough to defend fall away jumper…Needs strength

And Robinson in May:

As long as we’re talking point guards it was hard not to take notice of the play of Cattlesburg, Kentucky’s Mykasa Robinson. Another 2018, the 5-6 floor leader is an evolving presence both in transition and the halfcourt. Her skill set allows her to handle strong on ball pressure while still seeing the floor and making good decisions. She demonstrated the ability to adapt quickly after being stripped on isolated plays. Post players are the happy recipients of some intuitive interior passing off penetration. Robinson has that “point guard mentality” that isn’t often inherent in a lot of folks playing the position. An aggressive defender, she sees the ball well from the weakside reacting quickly both on skips and reverses.

And Grace Berger in March:

We mentioned Bullitt East’s Lindsey Duvall earlier and another young Kentucky backcourt prospect that’s making plenty of noise is freshman Grace Berger. The 5-10 Sacred Heart (Louisville, Ky.) guard has a versatile offensive game that sees her creating her looks efficiently off the dribble and showing none of the reservations that usually come with youth. She utilizes a change of speed as well as anyone and has a very deceptive acceleration rate when the opposition is foolish enough to come out of their stance. Berger is difficult to defend in traffic and seems to find a way to get unobstructed looks on a regular basis. The form is there on her shot and she’s got an impressive focus regardless of the pressure that might be in her face.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Janai Crooms mix tapes reminds me of Chelsea Gray. Similar build, handles and court vision.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Monday 27th update:

Geno and the coaching staff are in Georgia for the PSB Power 48 event. They were just courtside watching Honesty Scott-Grayson and Danielle Patterson face Chrystn Williams (2018 ESPN #3).

Reactions: HGN
Reaction Score
With all due respect Derrick Mullen the Geno "needs to offer both today" tweet made me laugh. I mean we are talking about probably the single best recruiter of all time!

Well your new here but I think you will come to find that there are better coaches and recruiters than Geno right here on the Boneyard. ;)

Welcome to the forum!

Reaction Score
With all due respect Derrick Mullen the Geno "needs to offer both today" tweet made me laugh. I mean we are talking about probably the single best recruiter of all time!

One of the players Mullen refers to (Patterson) is somebody I've noticed UConn has shown interest in for some time.

Reaction Score
Well your new here but I think you will come to find that there are better coaches and recruiters than Geno right here on the Boneyard. ;)

Welcome to the forum!
LOL. Thanks for the welcome.

Reaction Score
A month later, a definite answer: Yes, UConn is off her list (or vice versa). A bit of a surprise not to see Michigan State on her list, with her sister starting there this fall, but the Spartans already have a point guard committed for 2016.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
A month later, a definite answer: Yes, UConn is off her list (or vice versa). A bit of a surprise not to see Michigan State on her list, with her sister starting there this fall, but the Spartans already have a point guard committed for 2016.

Thanks for that. I kinda figured that was the case. Appears Cox is the only '16er UConn is still in on.

Reaction Score
CMvbklGUYAAy7L-.jpg

Reaction Score
One of the players Mullen refers to (Patterson) is somebody I've noticed UConn has shown interest in for some time.

I could be wrong, but I believe Notre Dame leads for Patterson!

Reaction Score
Molly Bent's RI Breakers team is here but she is not. Not sure of the reason, if I see her team playing again at some point I'll try and find out why.

Just speculation as to her absence but I thought I read somewhere that she is playing soccer this fall at Tabor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom