Geno on the newcomers | The Boneyard

Geno on the newcomers

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

“We knew she was good, but she may be better than we thought.”

Doug Bruno talking about Maya Moore and Geno Auriemma on Sarah Stong.
Can you fix your link? Too many pop ups and redirects wanting money to join…

Reaction Score
Now that’s amazing news. Seems we could have a working rotation right at the start with the praise he’s given them. That was the main reason we were losing to everyone at the start, no good combo that he could figure out with the limited roster. Happy to know SS is better than he expected and that Allie is doing great. Not a great sign that Morgan is dealing with Hamstirng issues.

Reaction Score
Can you fix your link? Too many pop ups and redirects wanting money to join…
The basic idea is that Geno talks about the newcomers and his extension (can find comments on the extension on twitter). Either via Maggie Vanoni or Daniel Connolly.

As for the recruits, he says that Sarah is better than they expected. “We knew she was good, but we didn’t know she was this good.”

Allie is showing great IQ and implementing really well with the team.

He’s impressed with how well Chen is adjusting, says a bit how being coached by Berube is probably the reason.

And then he states that Morgan has also been impressive, but a lingering hamstring issue is limiting her a bit. Doesn’t seem to be too serious.

There’s a bit on injury timetables as well. Jana is up and practicing, Azzi/Aubrey/Caroline/Ayanna are all rehabbing and should be fully ready at some point (Azzi should be the closest to being cleared for full practice given the timing of her injury last season.)

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Or you can subscribe. Reporters are losing their jobs every day because no one wants to pay for subscriptions
As a former Journalism major, I couldn't agree more. I had to drop my paper Courant subscription after decades because the delivery guy wasn't getting here until 7:30 or 8:00. That's way too late to read before work. But I subscribed to the online version immediately. And it's a lot more than the reporters you see in the bylines losing jobs. There used to be piles of editors and proofers, keeping the writing crisp and training the next generation of writers. UConn women's basketball is unbelievably fortunate to still have so many newspapers and other news outlets dedicating such significant resources to the program. Their coverage helps make the total UConn basketball experience more fulfilling - especially for knuckleheads like us who spend entirely too much time hungering for every tidbit.
:)

Reaction Score
As a former Journalism major, I couldn't agree more. I had to drop my paper Courant subscription after decades because the delivery guy wasn't getting here until 7:30 or 8:00. That's way too late to read before work. But I subscribed to the online version immediately. And it's a lot more than the reporters you see in the bylines losing jobs. There used to be piles of editors and proofers, keeping the writing crisp and training the next generation of writers. UConn women's basketball is unbelievably fortunate to still have so many newspapers and other news outlets dedicating such significant resources to the program. Their coverage helps make the total UConn basketball experience more fulfilling - especially for knuckleheads like us who spend entirely too much time hungering for every tidbit.
What about the pressmen? Online subscriptions don’t do much for them. :rolleyes:

I kid. My brother is the editor of a major city newspaper and I hear about this all the time from him. We need to support newspapers in any form we can.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Damn. Call it a lingering hamstring issue all you want. You can't go hard with a hamstring and as long as it exists you never know when it will blow up on you.. I can't stand it!!!

Reaction Score
I was the copy editor for my high school paper and my sister was a journalism major. It is sad what has happened to the fourth estate and I cringe when I read on line news content as the lack of copy editing is so obviously apparent.

As to Geno's assessment of the newbies, it is certainly encouraging, but typical of his summer session reports. We'll see what he has to say in October...

Reaction Score
Call it a lingering hamstring issue all you want. You can't go hard with a hamstring and as long as it exists you never know when it will blow up on you.
I’m just glad she’s done with the summer hijinx and is safely in Storrs.

Reaction Score
I miss the old news paper even if it was the Waterbury Republican morning edition 1980s

Reaction Score
The article states, "Ducharme only played four games last year after electing to take a medical redshirt and sit out the remainder of the season due to her ongoing head and neck injuries."

I didn't know she decided right away to redshirt. I thought this was up in the air most of the season. Anyone know when she and the coaching staff/medical staff decided to redshirt?

Reaction Score
The article states, "Ducharme only played four games last year after electing to take a medical redshirt and sit out the remainder of the season due to her ongoing head and neck injuries."

I didn't know she decided right away to redshirt. I thought this was up in the air most of the season. Anyone know when she and the coaching staff/medical staff decided to redshirt?

It def wasn't right away. But I don't know when it was decided

Reaction Score
Or you can subscribe. Reporters are losing their jobs every day because no one wants to pay for subscriptions
The average working American is struggling to pay high food, shelter, insurance and energy costs. I hesitate to call anybody out for not paying for one more item. If they can afford it sure but everybody has a budget.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom