Geno on Sue... | The Boneyard

Geno on Sue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
“I think it’s a testament to Sue,” he added on Bird’s longevity with the USA National Team. “That’s a period of 12 years. She played right after graduating college. It is amazing that her level of play has been that consistent for that many years at a position that is not easy to play. That’s kind of who she is. She is very steady, very even keeled, unbelievable talented and wins. The players trust her, and they have confidence in her. And the coaches I think feel the same way. She’s like having a coach on the floor. We throw it out there like, ‘Wow, you’re a four-time USA World Championship Team member.’ If it were that easy, it would have been done lots of times before this. She’s accomplished something that’s very rare, and she should be very proud of herself.”

Reaction Score
“I think it’s a testament to Sue,” he added on Bird’s longevity with the USA National Team. “That’s a period of 12 years. She played right after graduating college. It is amazing that her level of play has been that consistent for that many years at a position that is not easy to play. That’s kind of who she is. She is very steady, very even keeled, unbelievable talented and wins. The players trust her, and they have confidence in her. And the coaches I think feel the same way. She’s like having a coach on the floor. We throw it out there like, ‘Wow, you’re a four-time USA World Championship Team member.’ If it were that easy, it would have been done lots of times before this. She’s accomplished something that’s very rare, and she should be very proud of herself.”
There's no question that everyone here on the Boneyard and in Huskie Nation is. Amazing lady and amazing talent. We've been blessed with a number of amazing ladies who've performed wonderfully on the court and off over the years at Storrs, Connecticut.

Reaction Score
There's no question that everyone here on the Boneyard and in Huskie Nation is. Amazing lady and amazing talent. We've been blessed with a number of amazing ladies who've performed wonderfully on the court and off over the years at Storrs, Connecticut.
I've been a Sue Bird fan forever--my wife is from Middle Village, NY--home of Christ the King HS and attended Catholic schools there. I think it's in the water. Sue and Barbara are emotional/aggressive/even tempered twins. When Sue hit the half time half court shot at Gample, then rushed down the court with second left to beat ND for the BE title--I said there goes Barbara. I love Sue for so many reason, I know when a big shot is needed-Sue will do it, if she screws up immediately she takes the ball away and scores--She is the most beautiful person physically and internally, confident, and unflappable.
Do I love Sue--you bet your bippy.

Reaction Score
I think Geno does a great job explaining why Bird is on the team again, answering some of the folks that think she is too old and regressed too much.
If SUE BIRD WAS TOO OLD TO PLAY BASKETBALL--THOSE EUROPEAN TEAMS WOULDN'T BE WASTING NEARLY A MILLION DOLLARS FOR HER TO LEAD THEIR TEAMS. I DOUBT THERE IS A TEAM IN THE WORLD THAT WOULDN'T LOVE TO HAVE THIS -----OLD LADY----(???) ON THEIR TEAMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom