Geno on Sports Center | The Boneyard

Geno on Sports Center

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting it, but that was pretty much a nothing interview...

They only wanted the interview so he can give his take on Philly potentially winning the SuperBowl. I don't think the game was even covered by the regular Sports Center. I did find the question if Geno wants more to win the 12 NC or Philly to win interesting. He basically seemed non-committal. A tie?

Reaction Score
What a worthless use of 3+ minutes of Geno’s time and the viewers. UConn not only wins, but blows out a topped ranked team at home in front of 18,000 fans and all SVP wants to know about is the SB? And USC are the defending NC’s to boot! I could see asking Geno at the very end how excited he has to be since he’s from Phili, but almost the entire interview is about the SB? There’s the other thread about how awful the ESPN announcing was at the game (which it was) and this just adds to it. I realize that ESPN has helped boost WCBB, but this network is in serious, serious trouble if last nights game is an indication of quality of sports coverage they think fans want? Do they survey viewers for feedback? If not, they better.

Reaction Score
They only wanted the interview so he can give his take on Philly potentially winning the SuperBowl. I don't think the game was even covered by the regular Sports Center. I did find the question if Geno wants more to win the 12 NC or Philly to win interesting. He basically seemed non-committal. A tie?

When the guy kept pressing him - "Come on, you already have 11!" - I was surprised that he didn't point out that those championships belong to his players at least as much as they belong to him, as would the 12th, so how could he trade something that doesn't belong to him?

Reaction Score

I thought he said he wanted Philadelphia to win and his team can always win another one some other time?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I thought he said he wanted Philadelphia to win and his team can always win another one some other time?

First time, it sounded more 50/50 but listening to it again, I think you are right. I guess that means we need to root against Philly so they lose and Geno feels really motivated to go after #12. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
When the guy kept pressing him - "Come on, you already have 11!" - I was surprised that he didn't point out that those championships belong to his players at least as much as they belong to him, as would the 12th, so how could he trade something that doesn't belong to him?

Great point!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

Not that I can replace him, but my first instinct would be to say. Yeah I have 11, but I've got freshman and sophs with zero. That's what I'm working toward.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Minor nit in the press conference. He said we had 19 OR, but that was South Carolina.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What a worthless use of 3+ minutes of Geno’s time and the viewers. UConn not only wins, but blows out a topped ranked team at home in front of 18,000 fans and all SVP wants to know about is the SB? And USC are the defending NC’s to boot! I could see asking Geno at the very end how excited he has to be since he’s from Phili, but almost the entire interview is about the SB? There’s the other thread about how awful the ESPN announcing was at the game (which it was) and this just adds to it. I realize that ESPN has helped boost WCBB, but this network is in serious, serious trouble if last nights game is an indication of quality of sports coverage they think fans want? Do they survey viewers for feedback? If not, they better.
I didn't mind it. It's easier to find clips of Geno answering the same questions on UConn WBB. This is a chance to hear another side of him.

Reaction Score
What a worthless use of 3+ minutes of Geno’s time and the viewers...Do they survey viewers for feedback? If not, they better.
Well, I guess that puts me on the other side. Send me the survey! It didn't waste my time. I enjoyed it. I thought it was great.

Reaction Score
I thought it was a great question, and Geno really tried to avoid it. Definitely got the feeling Geno would take an Eagles SB win over NC #12 this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom