Geno on Pat! | The Boneyard

Geno on Pat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Check out Geno's comments on Pat Summit at the tail end of the press conference; very classy!!! They may have their differences but the professional respect is unquestionable

Reaction Score
Check out Geno's comments on Pat Summit at the tail end of the press conference; very classy!!! They may have their differences but the professional respect is unquestionable
A link would be appreciated.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I think we can get a general discussion going her. Geno said that he could count on one hand the number of Women's coaches who coached as well as Pat. ( Don't remember the exact words.) I think there might be more than five.

But what about coaches at Green Bay and Gonzaga. Aren't they doing a great job of coaching? Don't they get the most out of the talent they have to work with? I know Geno was speaking out of respect, but I don't necessarily agree with his statement. ( Which I don't exactly remember, to be honest. )

What do other Boneyarders think? I would think that Coaches of the caliber of Summitt and Geno would include Tara, Muffitt, Mulkey?, TAM Coach. Hmmm. Doug Bruno?

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
I think we can get a general discussion going her. Geno said that he could count on one hand the number of Women's coaches who coached as well as Pat. ( Don't remember the exact words.) I think there might be more than five.

But what about coaches at Green Bay and Gonzaga. Aren't they doing a great job of coaching? Don't they get the most out of the talent they have to work with? I know Geno was speaking out of respect, but I don't necessarily agree with his statement. ( Which I don't exactly remember, to be honest. )

What do other Boneyarders think? I would think that Coaches of the caliber of Summitt and Geno would include Tara, Muffitt, Mulkey?, TAM Coach. Hmmm. Doug Bruno?

Geno and Pat are in a class by themselves. While there are other good coaches, none has come close to Geno's and Pat's accomplishments.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

I do not think Geno would include Tara as someone who simply coaches players as basketball players and not Women's basketball players. That was his qualifier.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Geno said that he could count on one hand the number of Women's coaches who coached as well as Pat. ( Don't remember the exact words.) I think there might be more than five.

Yes, there are other very fine coaches but how many of them have kept their programs at or near the top of the rest of wcbb for 35 years? That, to me, is the true test -maintaining a level of excellence with different players, against a variety of top opponents.

Also, he wasn't just talking about good coaching - he said he could count on one hand the number of coaches that treat their team as basketball players, not just women hoops players.

Reaction Score
Geno and Pat are in a class by themselves. While there are other good coaches, none has come close to Geno's and Pat's accomplishments.
rbny1 I am not a Pat fan<maybe much of that in the past was biased by my being A Husky> Pat's actions with the NCAA,the ending of the playing one another,comments she made over the years sowered me more on her. etal!
However, I cannot dispute and strongly have to agree that "none has come close to Pat and Geno's accomplishments. They
ironically are linked as the 2 best Coaches in the Women's Game! They would IMHO also have to be included in a very small/short list of the best coaches in College Baskeball History!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Geno's comments were spot on about Pat. While the styles are completely different, Geno and Pat are alike when coaching the players. Both treat the players as basketball players not WOMEN basketball players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom