Geno on Paige, and her muscles! | The Boneyard

Geno on Paige, and her muscles!

Reaction Score
Love this!

"Please don't ask her how strong she is or how much bigger she is," Auriemma said. "She'll start showing you her muscles.

"People don't realize how hard she works. She might work harder than anybody on the team. Lot of people out there think that she's just this cocky kid and talented. You roll the ball out there and she's good. That kid works harder than anybody on the team. At everything."

Reaction Score
Paige's body seems hard to gain muscles. She is still skinny compared with CW or Azzi.

Reaction Score
Paige's body seems hard to gain muscles. She is still skinny compared with CW or Azzi.
cause her diet is horrible, eating junk food is not gonna give anyone legit muscle. I remember she said she would eat skittles for dinner. If you don't have a good diet it doesn't matter how much you work out.

Reaction Score
That's true. She has a slim build and she knows it. And knowing it, she seems to have made the right adjustments to deal with it. And she still seems to be working her butt off in the weight room. so kudos to her.

I used to be concerned about her "skinnyness" and durability. But I've come to be comfortable with it, because it seems to not really be an issue so far.

She sometimes ends up on the wood, and often hard, when shooting or driving to the basket. But she gets right back up. I've seen her take elbows to the face and to her chest, shake it off and keep going. Most telling, watch some games and follow her off the ball movement, especially on defense or under the basket boxing out for a rebound. She gives just as good as she gets. In one video from practice, she said to Jamelle, "If you get elbowed, you gotta fight back."

Could a bigger physique help her? Maybe. But she seems to have adapted very well to what the good Lord gave her.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Azzi is a beast. She is very fit. I’m looking forward to seeing what that means on the court.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
That's true. She has a slim build and she knows it. And knowing it, she seems to have made the right adjustments to deal with it. And she still seems to be working her butt off in the weight room. so kudos to her.

I used to be concerned about her "skinnyness" and durability. But I've come to be comfortable with it, because it seems to not really be an issue so far.

She sometimes ends up on the wood, and often hard, when shooting or driving to the basket. But she gets right back up. I've seen her take elbows to the face and to her chest, shake it off and keep going. Most telling, watch some games and follow her off the ball movement, especially on defense or under the basket boxing out for a rebound. She gives just as good as she gets. In one video from practice, she said to Jamelle, "If you get elbowed, you gotta fight back."

Could a bigger physique help her? Maybe. But she seems to have adapted very well to what the good Lord gave her.
Ya, her muscles grows so slow even she worked a lot in weight room this summer. I am not sure if it is the diet factor as mentioned above. Her software is outstanding, and a good hardware would absolutely help her pro career.

Reaction Score
Azzi is a beast. She is very fit. I’m looking forward to seeing what that means on the court.
Her body is much stronger than I thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Ya, her muscles grows so slow even she worked a lot in weight room this summer. I am not sure if it is the diet factor as mentioned above. Her software is outstanding, and a good hardware would absolutely help her pro career.
trust me I was a skinny guy before, I kept eating stuff that was junk food and I knew it was just hurting my muscle growth. I stopped and started eating fresh veggies and foods with high protein like fish chicken and eggs and whey protein is a huge compliment and instantly saw better results.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Paige's biggest muscle is her brain. and her eyes (vision) which she exercises every day

Looking Hide And Seek GIF by Wengie

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I doubt a player like Stewart skimped on her weight room time, and yet she still 'looks' like a stick figure after 5 years as a pro. Different body types, especially re the ratios between long bones in limbs, react very differently to weight training. I suspect Paige is a smaller version of Breanna in terms of body type, and will never look 'muscled' which does not mean that she will not be strong and fit. Also, the weight room regime for various sports is a very different process. For basketball it is not aimed at adding muscle mass as its primary goal. Body builders are not typically great athletes in sports that depend on speed, flexibility, agility, and hand eye coordination.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
somehow she managed to have an "OK" season last year without much musculature........muscles or no muscles I think she'll manage.............:rolleyes:
I think this discussion is not about College ball but projecting to the WNBA but I think Quigley / Vandersloot shows that slim body types can excel.

Reaction Score
The first time I even saw Paige was warming up before the UMASS-Lowell game. Before that all I heard was the anticipation and the raves about her game. Then when I saw her, I was underwhelmed, to say the least. First of all, she looked about 12 years old. And like the small end of nothing, whittled to a fine point.I thought the 5'11"listing was a fantasy. I figured she was going to get knocked around pretty badly and would be relegated to outside shooting, if she could even shoot against top-notch defenses.
WRONG!!
Over the course of the season Paige certainly showed the physical toughness to go with the mental ability. Another year older, with a season of mixing it up in Div 1 will make for an even more aggressive & durable PB. Also, the extra year may naturally result in some physical development.

Reaction Score
Too skinny...what they said about Ted Hendricks, "The Mad Stork".

Reaction Score
Ate what I wanted. Healthy food plus ice cream and other "junk". Was always in good shape. Injuries took it away. Still eat whatever I want.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom